You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Beds Road CC reliability rides - 3rd and 17th Feb

• Bott
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2013 22:47 #1 by Bott
Beds Road CC organise a couple of Reliability rides each year in February. They are both on a Sunday morning and consist of a set route of 70ish miles around Bedfordshire. They usually start with a large group heading off from Cardington with riders trying to stay with the "peleton". The speed is fairly high and consistent and riders ping off the back at various hills etc until a group (usually Luton CC) decide to up the pace to drop hangers on. It is then an unofficial race with all trying to hang on as long as they can and be with the few leaders that finish first.
It is billed as a friendly ride out, not a race (BUT completely un-officially it is slightly competitive and a chance to see where your fitness is at). I will do them instaed of the Sunday Club run as I know a few Bedford guys that will be trying to stay at the front. It would be great fun to have a St. Neots possy turn up and work together to try and be (UNOFFICIALLY) competitive. It is just a bit of fun and very safe - there isn't a mass sprint for the finish as there will only be one or two guys left.

At the end of the day it is a sportive but with a bit of added competition and a chance to work together. Various clubs have a contingent turn up but most are from Beds Road CC.

Any takers??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
16 Jan 2013 08:28 #2 by GarethS
Sounds interesting, doubt I could do the 3rd as all being well that would be my first weekend back on the bike (well, on the road)

More
16 Jan 2013 18:46 #3 by adrianotaverna
Replied by adrianotaverna on topic Re: Beds Road CC reliability rides - 3rd and 17th Feb
It's a yes from me ! Makes a change from "groundhog " Sunday ! :whistle: :woohoo: :ohmy:

More
16 Jan 2013 21:05 #4 by wee stop steve
Replied by wee stop steve on topic Re: Beds Road CC reliability rides - 3rd and 17th Feb
Yeah sounds good, i'm in.

More
16 Jan 2013 21:34 - 16 Jan 2013 21:34 #5 by Joe
Hi Mark,

I would be up for some of this action!

I did a couple of these reliability rides with Swindon RC some years ago and they were great fun! Never made it to the end with the group though :(

However you HAD to take your turn on the front or you were kicked off out of the mix... no wheel huggers or hangers on allowed!

Towards the end before being dropped, I can remember my turns on the front being the worst 6 seconds of my life :sick:
Last edit: 16 Jan 2013 21:34 by Joe.

More
16 Jan 2013 21:44 #6 by tdpennell
Hi Mark,
I have had a look at their web site - when is the route published ?
Tim

• Bott
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jan 2013 09:19 #7 by Bott
Routes still to be confirmed but I will let you know when published. Will cost £5 on the day which gets you soup and a roll afterwards. 3rd Feb approx 55 miles and 17th Feb 70ish. Start 9am at Cardington so could do a leisurely warm up ride to get there as a group.

More
17 Jan 2013 11:36 #8 by Joe
Doh! I can't make the 3rd Feb - In Iceland.

Will be around on the 17th though.. shame its not the 55 mile distance on the 17th!! :ohmy:

More
17 Jan 2013 19:18 #9 by Mark Colmer
I'm up for 3rd February. ;)

More
18 Jan 2013 12:38 #10 by Lancasta
I'll join on the 3rd.

• Chrisbpr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
19 Jan 2013 14:21 #11 by Chrisbpr
I might be up for the 3rd as well ,although I do envisage being ...ahem...behind on the first climb.

More
19 Jan 2013 16:54 #12 by Wayne_Tunnah
Count me in

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Go to top