You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial

• GarethS
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
06 Jan 2015 09:35 - 08 Jan 2015 10:05 #1 by GarethS
Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial was created by GarethS
Anyone who is up for opening their season a little earlier than the Beds Road one (though to be fair I don't know the dates this year) Yaxley Riders up near Peterborough are holding their reliability trial on Sunday 18th January. Details below, this is a direct copy/paste from Rob Bernard's (YR admin/organiser) post on Facebook and would suggest those with Facebook wishing to attend join the group. Anyone who doesn't have (or want to add via) Facebook speak up below if you're interested and I'll post numbers on the YR page.

"Yaxley Riders a Reliability Trial update

This years Reliability Trial will start and finish at Yaxley Football Club, Holme Rd, Yaxley, PE7 3NA

on Sunday 18th January
Registration opens at 8am
The ride starts at 9am

Below you will find the time bandings for both distances, 60 and 90 miles.

We have also included two GPS files for both distances to help with navigation. The route is much the same as last year apart from the last 10 miles from Warmington to Yaxley. So please download the route and check it carefully.

In line with the true traditions of a reliability trial there will not be any signage or directional arrows en-route. However, we will be providing a pocket size laminated village by village route cards.

The first check-point for both distances is at Uppingham. Check-point two for the long ride is again at Uppingham, this check-point will be manned by a secret squirrel (please note this a check-point is not a feed station, however there is a cafe opposite for refreshments if required).

On registration you must declare your time band preference. You will also be asked if you require jacket potato and chilli and/or coffee and cake for your return; this will help us manage the catering more efficiently.

The route and time bandings have been prepared and sponsored by Nick Smith of Core Cycling Solutions. Core Cycling Solutions have also made a generous prize offer of a full 3D Motion Captured Retul bike fit, worth £150. All riders successfully completing the Reliability Trial will be entered into the prize draw and the winning name will be drawn by YR admin.

The YR team are looking forward to meeting you on Sunday 18th January.
Happy New Year.

Reliability Trial Standards:

90 miles
Gold: 4:40 -5:05 hours 25 mins difference
19.2 - 17.6mph

Silver: 5:05 - 5:35 hours 30 mins difference
17.6 - 16mph

Bronze: 5:35 - 6:10 hours 35 mins difference
16 - 14.5 mph

60 miles
Gold: 3:10 - 3:25 hours 15 mins difference
18.9 - 17.5 mph

Silver: 3:25 - 3:45 hours 20 mins difference
17.5 - 16 mph

Bronze: 3:45 - 4:20 hours 35 mins difference
16 - 13.8 mph"

m.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=mtjsluikdgcihemu or connect.garmin.com/modern/course/8599043 - Short (called Medium on GC) route
m.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=lzpdsalezzvfosfb or connect.garmin.com/modern/course/8599155 - Long route

Bullet points from Rob's other post
• The entry fee this year is £5.
• On your return Jacket potatoes and chilli will be available prepared by the Bollywood Tiger £2.50 (optional)
• Coffee and Cakes, from Yaxley Football Club, £2.50 (optional)
• GreenWheels Cycles will be available for any mechanicals at the start only and will carry a selection of inner tubes, tyres etc.
Other complimentary services available include:
• Free photo at the finish
• Free GPS file
• Free village by village only route cards
• Free bike wash on return
• Free technofuel samples (GreenWheels Cycles)
• Free viewing of this years Tour de France
• Free parking with CCTV
• Free showers
• PLUS fully licensed bar.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2015 10:05 by GarethS.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2015 10:02 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
I wouldn't mind a bit of that

is the link to routes available for those of us who don't have a facespace account

cheers

More
06 Jan 2015 18:23 #3 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
Anyone fancy doing the bronze 60?

More
06 Jan 2015 20:22 #4 by Lancasta
Replied by Lancasta on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
I'm going to do the long ride.

More
07 Jan 2015 19:16 #5 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
Depending on the weather and health, I'm up for the 60 miles route.
Do we know the cost or have I missed something.
Is there a techi that can convert the 60 route into Garmin?
:whistle:

More
07 Jan 2015 20:48 #6 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
It's a fiver
And I might do the 60 too
Steve

• GarethS
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
08 Jan 2015 09:58 #7 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
The routes are already in Connect by someone else Mark, I'll dig them out but took a bit more digging than the GPSies ones

More
08 Jan 2015 10:00 #8 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial

The routes are already in Connect by someone else Mark, I'll dig them out but took a bit more digging than the GPSies ones

You're a star.

• GarethS
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
08 Jan 2015 10:08 #9 by GarethS
Mark, these have been added to my original post along with costs etc that were in a post I overlooked (thanks Steve for spotting these)

Depending on your Garmin I've found the GPSies files actually transfer quite well to my 510 and last route I did with directions worked faultlessly (barring the usual sat nav "at the next t-junction turn left" ... when it's actually a corner!) Obviously depending on your Garmin YMMV and MapMyRide does do a good guide on different file types for different Garmins (treat 510 as 500 for the purposes of said guide).

• GarethS
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
17 Jan 2015 10:48 #10 by GarethS
All, a brief update as I know not everyone has Facebook on here.

Rob has advised that at this time the plan is to still go ahead with the YR Reliability Trial however due to the predicted cold temperatures overnight are pushing back the start time half an hour to 09:30. Facilities will still be open from 08:00, registration will still close 15 minutes before start time (so 09:15 latest now)

More
23 Jan 2015 19:09 - 23 Jan 2015 19:25 #11 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
Brief review of the Yaxley Riders Reliability Ride from last weekend:

(AFAIK) 3 SNCC riders entered; Wayne, Gareth & me

60 mile course headed out westwards via Elton & Nassington to checkpoint at Uppingham, and then back again on a slightly more southerly route coming in via Glatton & Holme - I managed about 3500ft of climbing, although did perhaps add a bit extra via what could well double as a bobsleigh course after a slight navigational error at Gretton.

For anyone who hasn't ridden a Reliability Ride before; its meant to be a test of both bike & rider in completing the course in a pre-specified time (test of the rider's pacing skills) and not falling apart (both bike & rider!) - if you get back within your predicted time slot you're 'reliable' and if you're too fast or too slow, you're 'unreliable'.

The wintry conditions took a fair toll on both riders and bikes, with only around 20 of the 80-odd field coming home within their predicted times. I'm sure both Gareth & Wayne will thank me for not mentioning who was classified as 'unreliable' and who (somewhat unbelievably) scooped the prize for 'Most Reliable Rider' for finishing closest to their predicted time :woohoo:

Sponsorship from a local curry house also meant the post-ride jacket spud was nice and spicey, and they even had some left for when Gareth eventually rolled home :whistle:

Very happy to have played a part in what was a successful event for a good bunch of people at Yaxley Riders and would recommend the format to anyone...particularly with a couple nearby in the coming weeks at Beds Road

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Jan 2015 19:25 by Simon.R. Reason: pics added

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
03 Feb 2015 17:21 - 03 Feb 2015 17:21 #12 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Yaxley Riders Reliabilty Trial
that last picture reminds me pf Ribblesdale Viaduct North Yorkshire, just as impressive, i love bridges ah ah G................. :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Last edit: 03 Feb 2015 17:21 by geoffrey smith.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Go to top