You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

N&DCA TT Series 2015

• GarethS
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
11 Mar 2015 10:36 - 11 Mar 2015 10:44 #1 by GarethS
N&DCA TT Series 2015 was created by GarethS
I couldn't find a thread for this apart from a very old one from 2013. So rather than have a necro-thread rising from the dead I thought it would be better to start again (if I've missed something hopefully our moderator/forum admin will merge things).

I'm sure Simon has discussed this previously but it is a series of events put on by one of the local TT associations (not to be confused with NCRA who do road and circuit races) on predominantly sporting type courses (aka similar to the St Neots TT course, some are "standard" distances and some are shall we say "odd").

www.northamptondca.org.uk/

www.northamptondca.org.uk/events2015.htm - events list

The events are pretty much all Saturdays and the first one is 11th April on the Middleton course. This course can be run as a standard 10 mile TT or just short of 19 miles (which is the version being done on 11th April).

It's an interesting (and in my mind, enjoyable) course with a few lumps and bumps where you climb over the ridge line just north of the Welland Valley, the East to West leg is rolling through a number of villages with the West to East leg actually through the Welland Valley between Ashley and Middleton (beware potholes unless this has been resurfaced since summer last year).

Course is available on my Strava from last year (www.strava.com/activities/129495914) with the start part way round the course (just after a bridge over the Welland/near disused railway bridge). You basically do a lap and three quarters finishing just short of the Rockingham Forest Wheelers clubhouse (a "proper" clubhouse in Middleton village).

Parking is in a field approximately 3-400m beyond the RFW clubhouse, please do not park outside the clubhouse. Clubhouse address is on their website (rockinghamforestwheelers.org.uk/CONTACT-...ubhouse-Address.html) with postcode LE16 8YP for sat nav purposes. Clubhouse "canteen" does a good line of cakes and drinks for events and usually has a stock of supplements (gels etc) for those who may be running short (with my advertising done I'm hoping for free cake next time I am at Middleton)

Garmin Connect plot for those unable to see Strava (or just plain don't use it):
connect.garmin.com/modern/course/9009495
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 10:44 by GarethS. Reason: Add Garmin Connect route

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2015 11:27 - 11 Mar 2015 11:39 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: N&DCA TT Series 2015
thanks G - very handy info

I've entered the first few of these (including the Middleton opener) and as we're an affiliated club any SNCC riders will score points towards towards the overall individual series (with your highest points score in 3 x short & 3 x medium events out of the 10 races counting), the 'Short Distance Championship' (best 4 x short points scores) and an overall Team Prize for best 21 rides.

So even if you think you might only be able to do a few (or even just one) you could still play a part in the Club's Team Prize total

regardless of any points you may score, they look like 'fun' events to ride

dates of all events shown on the club calendar www.stneotscyclingclub.info/the-club/cal...alendar/2015/03/11/-

hopefully see you there..........
Last edit: 11 Mar 2015 11:39 by Simon.R.

More
11 Mar 2015 20:36 #3 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: N&DCA TT Series 2015
So many TTs, so little time!

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Go to top