Pillinger sets the early standard for 2022…
Welcome back everyone to the 2022 season, we had 12 riders for the first race on a chilly but dry evening to test themselves on the challenging 11.2-mile Abbotsley TT course.
We are still assuming the new A428 road construction delayed from 2020 would mean once again this is the last year for the old course (Abbotsley) and in preparation we have an approved new course (Gransden) which we can switch to immediately on any given week, so keep that in mind. New course details are on the Web site.
No PB’s were posted on the night, however Nic Pillinger was fastest and was only 12 seconds from his PB with an excellent sub-25-minute ride.
Our three lady riders were classified second. third and fourth by being closest to their PB's coming out of the winter season and ahead of the rest of the field, so strong start for them also.
One guest rider joined us this evening and we look forward to seeing as many as possible this year at the TT.
We expect that as in prior years the Handicap Trophy for 2022 will be keenly contested, only 7 pts between first and second place last season. As covered below keep improving your PB over the next 18 weeks and it is likely that you will be in contention.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Approvals)
We look forward to more Club members and Guests joining us at the TT on a Thursday night.
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 5 MAY – 6:30 pm LATEST SIGN-ON
TT#1 Results – 28 April…
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 12 riders and 11 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Nic Pillinger for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|