Three PBs on a perfect Spring evening in May…
We had 19 entries thoroughly enjoying a warm Spring evening with a slight westerly around the Abbotsley 11.2m course, even with cake and coffee at the finish (not seen that since the dark ages!) …. Seriously what’s not to like!
Sam returned to set the fastest time of the season to date, with an impressive 24:15, followed by Simon Murphy and Anastasia Blower.
Three PB’s were posted on the night, so great effort so early in the season from Ruth Chamberlain improving by 21 seconds, Ian Stokes 18 seconds and Annabel Thompson 2 seconds respectively…. Every second counts!
Welcome to Simon Winter a new member and set his “First Time” on the Abbotsley course, so just needs to improve on that to score good H/C points as the season progresses.
Welcome back to our three guests on the evening, Anastasia, Shaun Jarvis and Andy Bright.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week and equally good conditions/results, with more Members and Guests Pls.
BR The Editor.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 12 MAY
REVISED TIME 6:45 pm Latest Sign-on
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
TT#2 Results – 5 May…
|18||Simon Winter||35:05||First Time|
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 19 riders and 15 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Ruth Chamberlain for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
16 left before the end of the 2022 season, good to see three Lady members heading the field following the second race of the season, but a long way to go and every second and every point counts… Good Luck to Everyone.
Full results table for the 2022 season can be found here