2 PB’s as Top 3 positions change …
We had 13 entries on our 7th outing of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course.
Nic Pillinger set the fastest time of the evening, with an impressive sub-25-minute time of 24:58, followed by Simon Murphy and Shaun Jarvis, well done to all on the podium.
Two H/C PB’s were set on the evening, so congratulations again to Shaun Jarvis for his 5th PB of the season reducing his previous best by a massive 52s with a 26:09 – Great effort and consistently fast riding this season. Also, good to see Adam Hutchinson return to the TT series and take the second PB of the evening on his first ride of the season, beating his previous by 2s – Well Done, make sure you come back for more!
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger / Jim Robertson (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 16 JUNE
TIME 7:00 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#7 Results – 9 June…
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 13 riders and 13 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Shaun Jarvis for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
7 races completed with 11 remaining before the end of the 2022 season, with Ruth Chamberlain still leading the h/c table, Francis moves up to second position and Simon Murphy moving up to third, but a long way to go, every second and every point counts… Good Luck for the rest of the season!