5 PB’s and a 'Blistering Nic'…
We had 16 entries on our 11th race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Nic Pillinger was fastest with a ‘blistering’ 24:13 puts him 6th fastest of all time…
… followed by Shaun Jarvis and Simon Elkington, well done to all on the podium.
Congratulations to all riders achieving PB’s on the night, some very impressive riding at all levels of the club…
- Nic Pillinger with 24:13 beating his previous best by 17s and now 6th on the all-time list
- Shaun Jarvis with 25:57 beating his previous best by 12s and puts him in top 25 on the all-time list
- Adam Williams returned for his first ride this year with 26:17 beating his previous best by 22s
- Simon Winter with 33:05 beating his previous best by 1s proving that every second counts in the h/c competition.
- Gillian Peck with 35:31 beating her previous best by 2min/17s on only the second attempt and taking a massive gain as the course becomes more familiar.
We welcomed two guests returning to ride the course again, Karl Hiner for his 3rd ride and Ian Stokes completing his 4th of the season.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger / Jim Robertson (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 14 JULY
TIME 7:00 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#11 Results – 7 July…
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 16 riders and 14 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Gillain Peck for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
11 races completed and 7 remaining before the end of the 2022 season, with Ruth Chamberlain still leading the h/c table, but with Simon Winter gaining a further 2 points over Ruth pushing second place closer to first - reduced to a 5 point gap now, Shaun Jarvis re-takes third place.
Every second and every point counts… Good Luck for the second half of the season!