Blistering Temperatures and Blistering Time as Nic sets new Club Record…
We had 13 entries on our 16th race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Nic Pillinger was fastest with a blistering time of 23:52 …
… smashing his previous PB by another 21s and setting a new SNCC members track record and third on all-time list for the course – Congrats Nic and very impressive riding this year, Ryan Witchell was second with an also impressive Sub-25 of 24:17 equalling his previous best and Shaun Jarvis third with an also impressive 25:24 also equalling his previous best, well done to all on the podium. WoW.. fantastic riding/racing!
Congratulations to all 5 riders achieving PB’s on the night, some very impressive riding at all levels of the club…
- Simon Winter with 32:17 beating his previous best by 29s after 3 weeks away.
- Nic Pillinger with 23:52 beating his previous best by 21s and setting new SNCC club record.
- Gillian Peck with 34:02 beating her previous best by 5s and third PB of season.
- Nick Green with 30:06 beating his previous best by 2s, proving every second counts again!
- Rob Moir with 29:49 beating his previous guest time.
- Shaun Jarvis and Ryan Witchell equalling their PB’s.
We had two new SNCC members on their first outing and setting their first time for H/C and welcomed Chris Dennis and Luke Granger. Hope you enjoyed it guys and are coming back for more.
We welcomed 3 guests on the evening with Ryan Witchell and Rob Moir returning for more and a new guest Chris Parson setting a first time with a very respectable 29:01. Please come back for more!
So, with new Club Record, 5 PB’s, 3 guests and 3 First Times it was quite a fun packed evening…. Not to mention special thanks to Flo, Stasi and Ryan rescuing an escaped dog from Hilltop Farm 😊 …All part of the friendly group services at the TT H/C races!!
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger / Jim Robertson (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 18 AUGUST
TIME 6.30 pm Latest Sign-on (Earlier Time)
TT#16 Results – 11 August…
Handicap Trophy – 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 13 riders and 8 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the final weeks.
Congratulations to Simon Winter for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
16 races completed and only 2 remaining before the end of the 2022 season as Simon retakes second position from Shaun after 3 weeks away and gains 8 on Ruth also missing a week, leaving him only 14 behind with two races to go… will Ruth return to take this trophy for the ladies!... Gonna be a close call as always with the H/C competition.
Every entry, every second and every point counts now as the season heads to a close…
Good Luck to all.
See full results H/C table here