St Neots Cycling Club – Club TT 2020
The club is putting on four Thursday night TT’s on the 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th of August 2020 followed by the Ashman Trophy event on Sunday 30th August 2020. Each Thursday night result will go towards the SNCC 2020 Handicap Trophy and to qualify for entry to the Ashman Trophy event you will need to be a member of SNCC and record two TT event lap times during the August 2020 Thursday night events.
The committee are fully aware the measures set out below may sound a little heavy and formal, but in the current circumstances for a safe event to happen we need a new set of rules and for everyone to follow them. The club and its members want these events to happen, so let’s work together and make them happen:
It is vital that you read, understand and act on the following information. If you do not, you will not be able to compete and your actions may affect the possibility of future events. Please play your part in a safe event for everyone.
The safest way the club can put the TT’s on is to only allow the actual TT event / competition itself, therefore all on site socialising before, during and after the event is strictly prohibited.
ARRIVE – SIGN ON – WARM UP – START - FINISH – LEAVE
STRICTLY NO ON-SITE SOCIALISING
We will disqualify anyone who does not adhere to the following rules, which are in accordance with the CTT risk assessment (Covid-19 RA 16/06/2020):
1. Entry is limited to SNCC members and invited guests.
2. Register and pay for your event online up to 48hrs before the event by downloading, completing and submitting the TT application form from the website to the club email address and then paying the relevant fee into the club bank account. To make it simpler for all why not enter all your events in one go? If you do not register and pay 48hrs before your event you will not participate. Start times will then be published on the club website 24hrs before each event.
3. Do not attend the event if you feel ill in ANY way, or if your family members have any symptoms linked to coronavirus. Anyone in a category defined by the UK government as clinically vulnerable to coronavirus/COVID-19 is requested not to attend the event. An elevated resting heart rate or exceptionally quick to react heart rate during warm up can suggest an underlying asymptomatic illness of ANY kind. You should NOT start the event (DNS) and leave immediately. Do not go to the start line if you feel this is the case and notify the organiser of your intention not to start as a result of an adverse warmup.
4. At the event always remain at least 2m from anyone else. Do not gather in ANY area, regardless of current government guidelines. Do not loiter near the timekeeper or at the sign-on area.
5. At your first event you will be given a race number. Pin on your own number. Jerseys, rather than skinsuits, are recommended for this reason. You keep your number until the end of all five events. To return your number to the club hand it in at your last event or post it to Gary Adnitt, 21 Byards Green, Potton, Beds, SG19 2SB by no later than the 11th September 2020.
6. Please bring your own pen to sign on with at each event. Signing on will be kept open so you can arrive nearer your start time. When signing on remain 2m from fellow entrants. Cones will indicate correct spacing.
7. Turbo’s and Rollers are prohibited at all events.
8. If you come by car please leave all your belongings in your car and park well away from the signing on area and course. If you cycle to the event and have a bag with you that you will not take on your ride, please leave it far away from anyone else’s belongings. No belongings can be left with the timekeeper or event organisers.
9. When queuing at the start remain 2m from the rider in front. Cones will indicate the correct spacing
10. There will be no pusher-off, the starter / timekeeper will be on the other side of the road to you.
11. New CTT rules for 2020 dictate you must have a functioning and switched-on rear light fitted to your bike for each event.
NO REAR LIGHT – NO RIDE
12. Sadly, we cannot come and get you if you puncture, so please ensure you take spares and a phone.
13. If passing other riders, you must pass them as wide as safely possible.
14. When your ride is over, leave immediately. You MUST NOT stop at the finish.
14. No spectators are allowed. The event is limited to entrants and officials only.
15. Whatever you bring with you, you must take home with you. No rubbish bins will be provided.
No results will be provided or discussed at the event. They will be published on the club website and Facebook page within 48hrs of each event.
HAVE A SAFE EVENT – HAVE A SAFE RIDE