2021/September - Coast to Coast Tour - FRANCE, PYRENEES Grande Traversee
France, Collioure to St. Jean de Luz, but basically from the Mediterranean Sea to the Atlantic Ocean across the Pyrenees (using some TDF routes), in sunny French weather!
All tour details can be found directly on the FBT (France Bike Tours) web site here OR you can download the FBT PDF tour overview from here.
- Total ride/tour approx. 500miles to 611 miles and 65,000 to 80,000 ft climbing over 8 days cycling
- Choice of two routes each day for all riders, Medium (V2) and Medium/Hard (V3) (To accommodate different levels of riders or those who drink too much the night before!)
- Tour is Sept 2021 (Min 10 days, 8 days cycling and out/back)
- Outbound Saturday 04.09.21
- Tour/cycling dates are 05.09.21 to 12.09.21 for 8 days
- Inbound Monday 13.09.21
- Tour package via FBT is Euro1095 pp full board, plus travel/Extras/Beer, deposit is 30%
- You would choose/book your own travel dates/flights, bike transport/hire and any additional accommodation/extras required not included with the tour, see tour notes
Other SNCC riders already up for the challenge include Mark Colmer, Gareth Mount, Tom Muldoon, Richard Bond and myself... Either way, wish us luck, we will need it !!
2021/June - Red Balloon Charity Ride
Red Balloon is a charity that does great work with children and youngsters that are too traumatised to attend normal schooling. They may have been bullied, or due to medical conditions be too afraid to join in with 'mainstream' schooling; working with these youngsters and with a lot of patience aim to get them back into mainstream schooling, and back into society.
Red Balloon are setting up a cycling challenge this June to raise money for their charity. They are looking for groups to ride a total of 25000 miles during the month, raising funds with sponsorship of riders.
2020 One Leisure - Cyclone Classes
Due to Coronavirus guidelines One Leisure have made significant changes to the Cyclone offering this Autumn. The bikes have been moved in to the main sports hall and are offered without the usual visual and audio accompaniment. Their suggestion is riders use the bikes alongside an app and possibly headphones. The club would also be responsible for arranging its own risk assessment, therefore shifting the responsibility from One Leisure to our club.
The consensus of the committee is to not run the classes but instead look to offer a Zwift meet-up ride on a Thursday evening instead as this may suit members more and attract a wider audience. Can members who were considering participating in the Cyclone classes this Autumn please email the club with their thoughts.
2020 - Fancy an e-Mountain Bike Trip in Wales
Former member Andy Morris' new venture. Rain, mud, rocks and batteries, what's not to like!
2020 - Cyclocross - CX Eastern League
Unfortunately there won't be a structured CX Eastern League this year, for obvious reasons.
For further information please www.easterncross.org.uk/
We hope there will continue to be stand-alone events organised if permitted. Feedback from members who have riden in these events say that having been involved in several of them so far they've nothing but confidence that every measure is taken to make them as safe as possible.
2020 - 'Cycle Instructors Wanted' - Outspoken Training