You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

The Tour of Cambridgeshire, 6 & 7 June 2015

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Dec 2014 18:55 #13 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: The Tour of Cambridgeshire, 6 & 7 June 2015
ereeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr oh dear, but just might be temptedfor the TT..oh dear old age has crept up with me,ah ah but i would not pay for the sportivo,,i would just be around a nifty X roads and find myself in the bunch "Just out for a ride my OLD man ".ah ah G.........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2014 19:14 #14 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: The Tour of Cambridgeshire, 6 & 7 June 2015
Ha ha can't say I blame you at £56 for the grand fondo (sportive) but there its a special deal. For a limited time you can book both for only £80 :lol:

More
20 Dec 2014 22:17 #15 by PaulVr
Guys,

The UCI do check your bike, they will and have made me change my bars on the start ramp with 2 mins to go or you don't start. They use a stick with marks on it, very un-scientific but its what they do.............

I was using flat type bars (PlanetX), as you tilted the bars to conform to UCI rules they then became un-aerodynamic so I would choose bars that are adjusted in the stem and risers spin on bars of something to that effect. At the time your wrists were to be below your elbows but check the up to date rules.

Paul
(blackartbikes.com)
07437 158637

More
21 Dec 2014 09:45 - 21 Dec 2014 10:01 #16 by Simon.R
From the T&Cs

10. You are responsible for the quality of the Cycling Equipment you will use in the Event and warrant that it is fit for purpose. Your Cycling Equipment must comply with UCI Technical Regulations for the Time Trial and must comply with the UCI Technical Regulations for the Gran Fondo or Road Race. For the Avoidance of doubt handlebars are to be of the conventional design for the specific type of event in which they are used for example in the Gran Fondo or Road Race tri-bars, aero-bars, clip-ons, prayer bars, cows bars or Spinachi design are prohibited. There will be no bike inspection conducted by VSM at the Event.

So UCI regs, but no inspection?

EDIT

post on TT forum suggests everyone will be OK as long as they are CTT compliant / fall within the 'common sense' caveat:

Hello John, any bikes that are used in CTT events will be OK for this event.

We will be using common sense on the day and expect the riders to, no radical unsafe positions or bikes.

If riders qualify for the final in Denmark, then their bikes will have to meet UCI regs for that event.

Hope this helps, please come back to me if you have any questions.

yours Norman for The Tour of Cambridgeshire UCI Event

www.timetriallingforum.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=96144&st=0
Last edit: 21 Dec 2014 10:01 by Simon.R.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Dec 2014 15:50 - 22 Dec 2014 11:55 #17 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: The Tour of Cambridgeshire, 6 & 7 June 2015
its all gone MAD........... just enjoy closed roads..ahah G
Last edit: 22 Dec 2014 11:55 by geoffrey smith.

More
22 Dec 2014 11:51 #18 by Arron Bird
Replied by Arron Bird on topic Re: The Tour of Cambridgeshire, 6 & 7 June 2015
i`ve booked this it`ll be more of a sportive for me though lol

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Go to top