You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Base Mile Ride

• normanpeterking
  • Topic Author
More
09 Nov 2016 16:03 #1 by normanpeterking
Base Mile Ride was created by normanpeterking
Hi I am slowly getting fitter and faster. The base mile rides on Tuesdays how does that work in the winters? I assume the lights make you visible enough for the traffic. I am keen to keep up the mileage but a little nervous at riding in the dark countryside.

Norman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2016 10:32 #2 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Base Mile Ride
It's about 30 to 35 miles long and about 17/18 mph.

More
30 Nov 2016 11:48 #3 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Base Mile Ride
Hi Norman

For lights I would recommend not only a front light to be seen with, but lights bright enough to see with because when you get to the front you need to be able to see well enough to point out any potential hazards. I would also recommend having two rear lights in case of failure. Only a complete idiot would come out with both rear lights having very little charge :oops:

Riding in a group in the dark is relatively straightforward although it is wise to give a touch more space that you would normally in the daylight. Usual rules re no sudden movements and good communication apply.

Pace is as per the slowest but usually works out at 17-18 average dependant upon who is out.

Regards
Gary

• normanpeterking
  • Topic Author
More
30 Nov 2016 17:44 #4 by normanpeterking
Replied by normanpeterking on topic Re: Base Mile Ride
Thanks guys for the reply.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Go to top