You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
23 Apr 2012 17:28 #1 by rooster
Just a thought but as a couple of people have mentioned about the thurs tt numbers is there a limit ?? and what happens if more than that number turn up ?? i think this could be possible on the odd night especially guests etc.
Do we operate a first come first served policy in this instance or is there a preferance for club members ?? though this could be akward if someone/ a guest is numbered up and has paid and a club member arrives later !!!
Dont think itll be an issue for most events but i bet theyll be a few on nice evenings , just thought id ask the question , cheers

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
23 Apr 2012 21:28 #2 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
Good question. Yes there is a limit of 15 riders. Last year I think we had one night where we had a full house and that was the first time since I started riding the club TTs (2006 I think). I think there is a bit of discretion, so if we were one or two over all would get to race.

As to why it is 15 riders, as far as I know it's always been this and I think the main reason is to ensure everyone gets around in the light.

Regards who gets to ride I think it should be first come first served.

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
24 Apr 2012 07:20 #3 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
It's going to be popular no doubt about it, I'm sure that 15 will get hit quite often.

I like shiny things

More
24 Apr 2012 12:18 #4 by gaddy
yeh! good point, i think there will be a good turn out most weeks,perhaps there could be something on the website so people could register their intentions to ride, at least it may give some indication of numbers for a particular night rather than turn up and not get to ride? . although in my case that would be fine as i only like the cycle there and back?

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Apr 2012 17:29 #5 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
hi there.. it does get dark soon, i have ridden back to st neots in the dark in july/august..,, suggestion, why not pre enter for the next weeks TT, on the night you ride,,a quick post on the site to let the club know you will not ride should suffice..... bon courage. G

More
28 Apr 2012 17:40 #6 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
I guess we could start 15 minutes earlier if we think it's going to be a problem. Don't forget the evenings will be getting lighter now.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Apr 2012 18:19 #7 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
hi mark,, we still got back to St Neots in the dark, in July / early August,, G

More
24 May 2012 21:32 #8 by Andrew Kinglake
Replied by Andrew Kinglake on topic Re: Maximum Numbers for thursday nights ???
After tonight's experience of being late, I would love being able to pre book by text when I get back to St Neots at seven. Otherwise it is not fair on the timekeepers.

St. Ives do a similar thing.

More
19 Jul 2012 15:21 #9 by feef
I'll not be there tonight as I have my boy with me. I'll be at the club ride on Sunday tho. Shame as I think I've made some good progress and would like to see what I'll do. Ah well, there's always next week.

When a passenger of the foot, hooves in sight, tootel the horn trumpet melodiously

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Go to top