You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2012 21:01 #1 by rooster
CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT was created by rooster
Just a thought ive come up with !!! Does anyone think that an end of year ( doesnt have to be ) charity based tt event is a good idea ???
I think it would be a great idea , you could either ride in any outfit you chose or perhaps do the course on the most intereting / unusual bike ?? a unicycle anyone !!!!! lol. my son has an old 20 inch mountain bike etc , who ll give me a tenner for a sub 40 min ride .. lol
Of course it doesnt have to be a TT it could be a ride of some distance , a relay event a 24hr tt !!!!! now theres a thought .
Something to grab the attention , do a bit of good and have a bit of fun , you get the idea ....
We could all decide on a charity by vote or have a multitude of choices ?? We all love what we do so why not put it to some good use for one day of the year , get some local coverage etc etc , i think if you dont want the fun tt / ride combo then a proper challenge aproach is best ,
What do you think ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
28 Apr 2012 11:01 #2 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
hi Richard,

We discussed doing a charity ride at the last AGM, for various reasons this idea was put on hold until next year, but the most popular idea was a St Neot (Cornwall) to St Neots ride - I think this is still on the cards for next year.

Are you willing to volunteer to organise? I've got to rush off in a bit for a kids party but will add a bit more later

More
28 Apr 2012 14:35 #3 by gaddy
Replied by gaddy on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
well i'd love to hand over some cash to see you and justin coming up tetworth hill in large chicken outfit on kids trike!!! ps times count towards ashman trophy?

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
28 Apr 2012 17:26 #4 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
We've got a toddlers balance bike - frame size might be right for a couple of club members I can think of?!

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2012 18:14 #5 by rooster
Replied by rooster on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
Yes i dont mind getting involved to organize an event like that of everyones choosing , as i say it doesnt have to be a fun tt thing the st neot to st neot thing sounds a good idea though gaddys comment about the chicken suit duel on trikes had me laughing ( so long as im leading !!!! ).
Its just an idea i guess we should discuss it at the next get together/social ?? I also thought that rather than pick say a major charity ( not that there not worthy of course ) we should pick a small local one to the st neots area perhaps ??
for example there is a local hospice near us ?? just an idea. i mean even if each member of the club came up with £20 even thats still not bad money as i appreciate not everyone wants to go trawling with sponsorship forms etc. now wheres that chicken suit ................

More
29 Apr 2012 09:16 #6 by gaddy
Replied by gaddy on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
hi richard, i hope nobody thinks i'm mocking the idea as i'm not , i'm in favour of the fun approach have a laugh and raise a bit of money win win!!

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Apr 2012 12:48 #7 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
hi there RH.. wow man the season has just begun,, i would have thought that the priority would be get the competitive side over and then think about having a bit of fun,, G

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
29 Apr 2012 15:24 #8 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
No harm in having a discussion about this via a forum I don't think G.

Few ideas:

Time trial relay (all riders fairly split into groups) This way everyone can get involved and would require some teamwork.

Team Time Trial - fastest times of the season top 4 riders challenge another club?

Catch the Chicken. Fastest TTr in the year dressed in a chicken suit riding their winterbike

I like shiny things

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Apr 2012 17:21 #9 by geoffrey smith
HI D OH DEAR,, WHAT NEXT.. SWIM THE RIVER WITH A BIKE ON YER BACK,,OR MAYBE A 6 PUB DRINK A PINT RACE.. INFANTS DRINK COKE.. CUM ON LAD.. G

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
29 Apr 2012 20:24 #10 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
Geoff,

It's for charity....

I like shiny things

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2012 21:48 #11 by rooster
Replied by rooster on topic Re: CHARITY END OF YEAR TT/ EVENT
yeah some good ideas , i think it could work well, i dont mind getting involved and organizing it ( with some help !!!) im not saying when it has to be we could do it at the end of this year or maybe spring next year ( a nice time ) if thats whats been talked about before.
Im easy it was just an idea to do some good and have a bit of fun and raise the profile of the club a bit in the process, rich h

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Apr 2012 17:15 #12 by geoffrey smith
sorry just off to get some miles in,, at 67 i love to give PAIN to the younger riders, i will think about it at another date..OOhh how did the TT go ??.............G

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Go to top