You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

FIRST OPEN TT 2013, ELY HARDRIDERS 25 10/02/2013

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Feb 2013 19:06 #49 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: FIRST OPEN TT 2013, ELY HARDRIDERS 25 10/02/2013
Hi going" UNDER " in February is a BIG ride,, I am very impressed..G.. :evil:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
11 Feb 2013 21:22 #50 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: FIRST OPEN TT 2013, ELY HARDRIDERS 25 10/02/2013
Brilliant times, well done! great to see so many St Neots CC names up there.

The local TT will be fast this year, good grief...

I like shiny things

More
12 Feb 2013 09:00 #51 by Mark Colmer
Any photo's?

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2013 17:09 #52 by rooster
Excellent ride by Ian Turner. Well done. What's your background? PBs etc? Aims for 2013? Be interested to hear from you ...

Hi all, it certainly was a good opening tt for the year and the club , Ian Turner ia a triathlete/ duathlete who did a couple of the tt club rides last year . He is a very good runner and cyclist and has competed at world age group / duathlon level last year and hopes to qualify ( as i do ) for this years world age group ( triathlon) champs that are being held in london ( september .

We intend to do a lot more open tts , great training for anyone else thats intrested the next one is in a fortnight which is a 2 up me and Chris Ritchie and Tom Stead and Darren Preston , a 12 miler so short and fast !!!!

More
13 Feb 2013 08:38 #53 by Ruth
So when and where is this 2 up one?

More
13 Feb 2013 11:48 #54 by Mark Colmer

We intend to do a lot more open tts , great training for anyone else thats intrested the next one is in a fortnight which is a 2 up me and Chris Ritchie and Tom Stead and Darren Preston , a 12 miler so short and fast !!!![/quote]

Is that typo (Darren Preston), should it read Chris Preston!!
He he
:P

More
13 Feb 2013 11:52 #55 by billywizz
Photos? Some here...
stevewells.zenfolio.com/p997669400/h54EDF856#h54edea86

Mr Rooster good Sir. Thanks for the info on Mr Turner. Was his ride a surprise to you? How were you going ... and how far did you get before your problems? What sort of tyres were you on?

More
13 Feb 2013 13:01 #56 by crash
Flat green ones !! lol
crash

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2013 18:00 #57 by rooster
Hi Billy , was Ian a surprise ? not really hes pretty fast thats for sure he pushed me very close at last years club tts do no not suprised though a 25 + average was pretty good id say , shame sam punctured i think he did a 58 last year ? and holds course record in 56 odd. tyres were 22mm conti podium tub on rear and shwalbe ultremo tub on the tri spoke . wheel choice was not good really and hed was a handfull !!!!! the gaps with ian were roughly 39 secs at 6 mile 53 at 9, 45 at 14, 40 at 18 then back up to a minute at 22 mile ( in his favour ) where i went wrong !! see up coming report , overall i was happy still very early doors , we plan to do a few 25 2 ups together soon that should be fun !!!!

• rooster
  • Topic Author
More
13 Feb 2013 21:09 #58 by rooster
Hi Ruth , im sorry but have just checked the closing date for the 2 up and it was yesterday , this was my fault for not posting it up on the forum in time , sorry but will try to get all future ones up in plenty od time , rich h. ps : well done on your ride :)

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
14 Feb 2013 08:49 #59 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: FIRST OPEN TT 2013, ELY HARDRIDERS 25 10/02/2013
ctt.org.uk/...........Hi there, this is the web site for all time trials in the UK..log on and you can see all the events which are coming up, closing dates and also see the results..there are a lot of events which you can enter on line....Just a thought is it not time for a club racing secretary to co-ordinate entries and events..G........ :evil:

More
14 Feb 2013 08:50 #60 by Ruth
Oh well, :-) doesn't really fit with the training
Jane has got the handbook, so i'll have to borrow that from her
Thanks

Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
Go to top