You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Club TT

More
21 Mar 2013 07:21 #13 by Brightski
Replied by Brightski on topic Re: Club TT

I think my biggest problem will be my old pb, think it was 23:16 for a 10 and i feel i could have gone faster back then on the right day as well.

It is what it is, just have to see what i can do!!

Need to give up work, that's the way forward!!

Bit of useless info but I did my 10 PB in a St Neots cc club event back in the day on the F1/10 (A1) Little Paxton.

If you have done 23s in the past aim to get under 30mins :)

Riding 10s not the Tour

Chronos RT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2013 07:23 #14 by Brightski

Hi strange isnt it,, quite a few above are more concerned about bikes/aero positions and general nonsense, i just wonder if anyone has thought about getting out the bike and actually doing some training..but what do i know.eh eh G.. :evil: .. :kiss:

No better training than with a number on your arse :whistle:

Riding 10s not the Tour

Chronos RT

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Mar 2013 10:06 #15 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Club TT

Hi strange isnt it,, quite a few above are more concerned about bikes/aero positions and general nonsense, i just wonder if anyone has thought about getting out the bike and actually doing some training..but what do i know.eh eh G.. :evil: .. :kiss:

I think you missed the bit where I said it would be a giggle Geoff, i.e. I'm not all that bothered about throwing money at it/perfect aero position :evil:

Yes, a newer frame would be nice but it would be a road frame first as that's what I spend most of my time riding :whistle:

Hi there GS you do not need fancy carbon et al racing bikes to go fast..90% of times done today (yaawwwnnnnn), are slower or the same as they did 50 years ago.. my dad rest his soul did a 1 hr 5 min 04 seconds for a 25 mile TT in 1937,(3 minute behind d the British record ),i bet there are not more than 2/3 riders in the club today who could better it.. well i thinks so, but what do i know.ah ah Geoff.. :kiss: .. :evil:

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
21 Mar 2013 11:06 #16 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: Club TT
Next time they're out have a look at the times on some of the old trophies from the days before aero gear and all the other technology. You'll give respect to the old dudes

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
21 Mar 2013 22:41 - 21 Mar 2013 22:43 #17 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: Club TT
says the man with a carbon bike, skin suit and aero wheels ;) but you make a good point G.

Basically who gives a stuff about what bike you have, its up to you what you ride on - no one else.

I like shiny things
Last edit: 21 Mar 2013 22:43 by Di2vid Lindsay.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2013 14:03 #18 by geoffrey smith

says the man with a carbon bike, skin suit and aero wheels ;) but you make a good point G.

Basically who gives a stuff about what bike you have, its up to you what you ride on - no one else.

hi there D quite right my man, in fact i have 2 carbon giants,plus loads of expensive stuff, just bought a Garmin 800 for 300 euros.mad but nice..Its putting the "white soks" on that counts..or as bimsky tells me put a number on your backside..well as you know i have a few times.now i just sit back and watch from afar,, i will watch the progress of the plodders on the web site..salut geoff

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
22 Mar 2013 21:19 #19 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: Club TT
It helps to have your balls out too, or so I gather from another thread...

More
05 Apr 2013 16:42 #20 by Brightski

Balls out??

Best wishes Bimsky :P :evil:

Riding 10s not the Tour

Chronos RT

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Apr 2013 17:35 #21 by geoffrey smith

Hi RO sorry you are too young to understand "balls out" but there again maybe you do, in fact i think you do..Good luck this year with your racing.. Geoff... :kiss: .. :evil:

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
25 Apr 2013 21:25 #22 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Club TT
I think I must be wrong in the head as I enjoyed that tonight.

Thank you to our timekeepers for doing the hard work this evening and explaining the timesheets to a complete novice.

Also thank you to Ade T, Dave Lindsay, Andy Kingslake and others for persuading me to have a go. Also Andy Mc and Trevor for being "rolling moral support"

• HODster
  • Triathlete
More
26 Apr 2013 13:32 #23 by HODster
Replied by HODster on topic Re: Club TT
My first TT really enjoyed it especially as no one overtook then again I did go first lol.

Managed to fall off in my own road as some idiot came round corner too quick in dusk.

Be back next week

Part time Cyclist
Part time swimmer
Sometimes I run too

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
26 Apr 2013 13:53 #24 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Club TT

My first TT really enjoyed it especially as no one overtook then again I did go first lol.

Managed to fall off in my own road as some idiot came round corner too quick in dusk.

Be back next week

Sorry to hear about the tumble and I did give catching you a good try (third out)

See you next week!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Go to top