You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

MK Bowl Sat 23rd 10.30 start. 4th Cat Race.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2013 13:51 #13 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: MK Bowl Sat 23rd 10.30 start. 4th Cat Race.
Hi LVCR hard..wow,, if thats hard, why bother.G

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• tdpennell
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
22 Mar 2013 14:15 #14 by tdpennell
Replied by tdpennell on topic Re: MK Bowl Sat 23rd 10.30 start. 4th Cat Race.
Hi Geoff,
If you are referring to comments made the other day about my thoughts on LVRC then please ignore them - I have my own thoughts and they are for me to voice not others on my behalf.

You do need to consider that most of us at the club are new to racing and are well past our youth, so most racing will be tough.

More
22 Mar 2013 14:28 #15 by AlasdairH
Replied by AlasdairH on topic Re: MK Bowl Sat 23rd 10.30 start. 4th Cat Race.

Alastair,
Well, there's only one way to find out.
So far there are 3 of us going over. We are aiming to get there about 9.30/9.45. We need to register and get the bikes prepared and warm up.
If you want to go over as a convoy then just shout and we can arrange a meeting place in St Neots.

That would be handy I'm not familiar with that end of MK; what time/where do you want to meet in St Neots?

yep I am in, although looks like snow is due?

annoying!

If the pros can do it at Milan-San Remo then we can do it at Milton Keynes!

I'm away this weekend, but will be most definitely up for the next one. Are people planning on doing many of these?

The last Saturday one is next weekend which I'll be going to -> then there is a break and the thurs series starts on the 18th April. I might go to a few but it depends whether there is a group going from Uni or not.

• Chrisbpr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
22 Mar 2013 18:04 #16 by Chrisbpr
Looks like its been cancelled gents.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Mar 2013 19:40 #17 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: MK Bowl Sat 23rd 10.30 start. 4th Cat Race.

Hi Geoff,
If you are referring to comments made the other day about my thoughts on LVRC then please ignore them - I have my own thoughts and they are for me to voice not others on my behalf.

You do need to consider that most of us at the club are new to racing and are well past our youth, so most racing will be tough.

Hi there Tim,, sorry but i never found LVRC races hard even at 50/60 years old,,only one was too hard, the world championship in Gent 2006,,but that was when the bunch were sprinting on the pavement oh and the road also, backed off i am afraid.. good luck, remember its "in your ed" not in the legs..see in a couple of weeks..G////////// :kiss: :kiss:

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Go to top