You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

new TT season

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
01 Jan 2015 22:53 - 02 Jan 2015 10:28 #1 by Simon.R
new TT season was created by Simon.R
new year, new TT season :)

this Sunday, its somewhat misleadingly the Team Cambridge 'New Years Day' 10m TT on the E33/10 Bottisham course 10am start

www.team-cambridge.co.uk/maps/bottisham.php
www.strava.com/segments/1262278?filter=overall

the CTT have also now released their 2015 calendar and a few of us discussed keeping a thread going on here to let people know which events we've entered www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Events-List

Hopefully our open TT (back on 'home ground' at Abbotsley) on the 17th May is already on everyone's radar as it would be good to see as many of us racing as possible (and it also exempts you from being asked to marshal!)

somewhat confusingly, we're considered part of North London by the CTT, so you'll need to look there if using the regional search facility and also 'East' for the most local events

In advance of our club TT series, we're looking at doing an intro / taster session for anyone who thinks they might like to give it go. Nothing too strenuous, but just to run through where to meet, what to bring, where the course goes etc and to ride a lap or two so you can get a feel for things. As the last couple of seasons points competitions have been won by people in their first season (I think) and using 'normal' road bikes, it should give a good idea that not having a TT bike or pointy hat is no barrier to success. Although it is always a very good n+1 excuse if you get the bug :whistle:

roadcyclinguk.com/how-to/chris-boardmans...#0Lowa0uXEIYdPUcy.97

The UCI Tour of Cambridge TT (Sat 6th June) is already sold out, but I know there will be a pretty good turn out of SNCC riders if anyone was thinking about going to watch (even if only to see if all of us can manage to ride off the start ramp without coming a cropper)

I'll also get hold of the dates & venues of other local clubs TTs as like us they'll be happy to see guests ride with them

will try to keep updated with more info.........
Last edit: 02 Jan 2015 10:28 by Simon.R.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2015 06:57 #2 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: new TT season
Nice to see our own open TT already on the CTT events list and open to entries

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
03 Jan 2015 11:26 #3 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: new TT season
Bear in mind there's also the N&DCA (Northants and District Cycle Association, not to be confused with NCRA) events. I think we're still affiliated. At least I got points as an affiliated member for doing the Middleton 18 mile course last year (admittedly as recce for Middleton NCRA race)

Rockingham Wheelers have a lovely clubhouse if you're thinking of doing the Middleton events but also a chance for people to earn points in a TT series if they so choose?

Simon, might want to discuss/check with Richard if we're affiliated. I have a contact at Rocko who might be able to give you a steer if we're not.

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
05 Mar 2015 13:21 - 05 Mar 2015 13:33 #4 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: new TT season
Ahead of the start of the TT season for those of use not brave (or silly?) enough to have already opened our account for the year, some very interesting listening to whet your appetite can be found here cyclingtimetrialpodcast.libsyn.com/

see Nov 16th edition for 'Time Trials for Newcomers'

(thanks to Dave 'Di2' Lindsay's blog quadrupledenim.wordpress.com/ for the link)
Last edit: 05 Mar 2015 13:33 by Simon.R.

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Mar 2015 14:03 #5 by Simon.R
I'm sure Mr Boardman would agree that these would also apply to giving 11.2 miles a go too

roadcyclinguk.com/how-to/chris-boardmans...#TV72SVg4bCDLFH7l.97

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
09 Oct 2015 18:01 #6 by Simon.R
hopefully everyone has received the e-mail below re TT achievements:

In what has been a fantastic season for so may of our riders we want to make sure that not only are those breaking Club Records recognised for their outstanding achievements but also everyone who has set a new PB, beaten a landmark time or pinned a number on their back for the first time.

If you can respond to this e-mail I'll try to ensure that we make sure the Cub Records are updated and that we acknowledge the hard work by everyone

I make it 83 days until the start of the new season; hopefully more to come from everyone.............

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Oct 2015 13:16 - 17 Oct 2015 19:22 #7 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: new TT season
Moderator:This message and replies have been deleted.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2015 19:22 by alec. Reason: Deleted by mod

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Go to top