You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Roy Thame Spring Chicken Road Race - 14th March

• AlasdairH
  • Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2015 22:10 #1 by AlasdairH
I know it clashes with one of the NCRA races but its an exciting road race with a big field over near Buckingham - I entered last year hoping to get a result and unfortunately p*nct*red in the first 10 mins and never got back on!

Entry is essentially restricted to 4 per club since they're always oversubscribed and we'd stand a good chance of being selected if we could field a team of 4?

www.facebook.com/events/1558628141019397...oard_filter=upcoming

Let me know if you're interested - I'll probably enter anyway and hope for the best

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
16 Jan 2015 07:42 #2 by GarethS

I know it clashes with one of the NCRA races but its an exciting road race with a big field over near Buckingham - I entered last year hoping to get a result and unfortunately p*nct*red in the first 10 mins and never got back on!

Entry is essentially restricted to 4 per club since they're always oversubscribed and we'd stand a good chance of being selected if we could field a team of 4?

www.facebook.com/events/1558628141019397...oard_filter=upcoming

Let me know if you're interested - I'll probably enter anyway and hope for the best

My boss mentioned this one to me as it's his local "patch" (Leighton Buzzard though he'd like you to believe he's the "good" side of the river)

I note that they are already at capacity for the Spring Chicken (regional) but some clubs have entered more than four riders

"OK at the moment I have over 100 entries for the Spring Chicken and am now forced to look at rejecting some. I have just rejected some already from clubs that entered more than 4 riders. The riders in the clubs above that number have been culled now to give them a chance to look for events elsewhere (I understand there are events at Milton Keynes Bowl the same day not too far away).
I will continue to periodically reject some riders as new ones come in. Please do not appeal and do not get upset... it's just something that happens when events are very popular." (Most recent post to the Facebook page)

• AlasdairH
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2015 12:32 #3 by AlasdairH
Yeah they always have a lot of entries, its one of the biggest early season races - its not first come first serve though and the organiser decides who rides, so we'd stand a good chance wit ha team of 4.

More
15 Feb 2015 21:39 #4 by Danbax76
Have there been any more takers on this? I know there must be a few more people that are missing out on the 14th as the NCRA races are rationed due to limited places.

I might well be interested.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
Go to top