You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Alconbury Weald Closed Circuit races

• rostlr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
18 Jul 2015 13:29 #1 by rostlr
Alconbury Weald Closed Circuit races was created by rostlr
Alconbury Circuit Racing

Closed road circuit racing is coming to Alconbury Weald (nr Huntingdon) this summer. 2 races, being promoted by Velo club Chevaliers Bleus, are planned for evenings Tuesday 28th July and Tuesday 18th August.

However, before racing can begin, some work is required to prepare the circuit. If you're available in the evening on Wednesday 22nd to help prepare the circuit please let me know. If you intend to race there then you really should spare the time to help prepare the circuit. The course needs sweeping and some vegetation cutting back, so bring a stiff brush and, if you have one, a petrol strimmer.

Planned races are 2/3 and 4th Only. If you want to have a go at road racing this will be a good opportunity, but please let us know if you intend to try out for the first time.

Hopefully racing at Alconbury will become a regular feature, so if you can support the events please do.

Benwick Kermesse

We've been asked if we can provide some volunteers to help support the Benwick Kermesse circuit race on Sunday 26th July. If you can help with marshaling, possibly driving a car, can you let me know asap. We should have a couple of members in the race and a couple more of us are already going over to help out.thanks

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• rostlr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
21 Jul 2015 21:31 #2 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: Alconbury Weald Closed Circuit races
A bit more info...

RACE NIGHT – Directions, signing on & races.
28th July & 18th August
Please use the main HGV entrance off the B1043 easily accessible from A1(M) and A14. Maps will be available at the security office. Follow the green North Estate road signs around to the venue, these will be bolstered by some VCCB specific signs. Please adhere to the 20mph limit.
Race HQ and signing on is at building 201 as on the attached maps. Parking will be within this area. As you enter the parking area Race HQ is situated to the right in a portacabin and toilets are next door. Tea & coffee should be available on the night.
Signing on from 1800hrs.
Race 1, Cat 2/3 (50mins + 3 laps)– Warm up is permitted on the circuit prior to the race. Please be at the start/finish line for 1855 hrs for a safety briefing. Once your race is finished please vacate the circuit in the direction you are racing so as Race 2 can start asap.
Race 2, Cat 4/W/J (40 mins + 3 laps) – Warm up will be on the access road immediately around the circuit, there will be no warm up on the circuit itself due to Race 1 being ongoing and time restraints with daylight available. Please be at the start/finish line for 2005hrs for a safety briefing.
Both races will have a neutralised first lap behind the Commissaries vehicle so everyone gets a sighting lap.
Please be mindful that although the race is a closed circuit some of the roads you are warming up on and crossing will be live lanes with HGV traffic on them, although not a significant amount granted, take this into account when moving about the venue.
Spectators are welcome around the whole circuit.
British Cycling points for the first ten places, I will try and place everyone, but cannot guarantee it. I will certainly attempt to get the top ten posted on this page within 24hrs if not sooner.
REMEMBER – these are two test events. I require feedback both positive and negative so we can learn moving forward with the venue for further events. Please try and speak to me or another club member on the night or via the Facebook group page, private Facebook PM or my email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

On behalf of myself and VC Chevaliers Bleus we hope you enjoy the circuit and wish you all a safe and enjoyable nights racing.
Kind regards
Paul Gripton
VC Chevaliers Bleus Road Race & TT secretary
Event Organiser

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Go to top