You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Festive Testing

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Dec 2015 20:58 #1 by Simon.R
Festive Testing was created by Simon.R
If the unseasonably good weather is making you pine for your pointy hat and steering your bike with your elbows* there are some local events over Christmas you might be interested in:

Hitchin Nomads Boxing Day - (sporting) 10 Old Warden

Team Cambridge 3rd Jan - Bottisham E33/10

Both will be 'club' events; so sign-on on the line rather than having to pre-enter

*usual caveats about TTs being suitable for & welcoming to all regardless of age, sex, ability or equipment apply

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Dec 2015 11:19 - 27 Dec 2015 11:22 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Festive Testing
a very enjoyable outing yesterday with riders of all ages, sexes & abilities and riding every kind of bike you can imagine lined up to test themselves over a sporting 10 mile course in tricky conditions.

(despite using his Group 1 navigation 'skills' and going off-course for a bit) our own Simon Rinaldo took 4th place with a 26.07 (behind CCA's Justin Layne with a 24.41), I managed a 27.19 (for 6th), Mark G 28.03 (on a road bike) and Dave Wilson a 34.11

Not too sure any of us should read a great deal into our respective times, as my pride at catching my 'minute man' within the first 1/2 mile was slightly tempered by the fact that I noticed she had a basket on her bike as I passed her - it really was a race for everyone!

Overall a good day out, although my popped tub on the ride home and subsequent rescue by the team car wasn't the best of ends to things

the post-ride refreshments took some beating

Simon's rulebook-stretching wrists lower than elbows new bike set-up :whistle:
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Dec 2015 11:22 by Simon.R.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
28 Dec 2015 17:59 #3 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Festive Testing
well done guys...keep going G

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
04 Jan 2016 12:43 - 04 Jan 2016 13:14 #4 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Festive Testing
I'm ashamed to say that a dismal weather forecast, a warm bed and Test Match Special were enough (together with having a CX race in the afternoon) to see me give the Team Cambridge Bottisham E33/10 a miss on Sunday. However, I'm pleased to report that the first win of the season went to Nic P with a 23.49 (putting the thick end of a minute into the second placed rider) and Mark M in fourth with a longish 26.

good work chaps
Last edit: 04 Jan 2016 13:14 by Simon.R.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top