You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Abbo TT Data Analysis

• Nic_77
  • Topic Author
More
13 May 2016 16:10 #13 by Nic_77
Replied by Nic_77 on topic Re: Abbo TT Data Analysis

HI Nic
Great analysis I love it, one thing I have no sectional results listed for the second race, 05.5.16.

Neil Adams

Hi

I'm getting an extract of segment data direct from Strava, and unless I have all four segments (i.e. full course and the three separate sections) for a rider they won't show up. It is possible that you missed a tiny part of the full course or first section segments by not starting you Garmin immediately?

Nic

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2016 09:27 #14 by MikeB
Replied by MikeB on topic Re: Abbo TT Data Analysis
Hi Nic,

I can see you've added the weather information to the "2016 Events" tab, but can you also add something to the "How the race was won" tab?

I was hoping to see something which indicates whether each leg is subject to a headwind, tailwing or sidewind each week - I understand this will only provide a rough guide as it's not a "triangular" course!.

For example, you've stated that Section 1 is predominantly WNW, Section 2 is SSW and Section 3 is NE/NNE. Looking at TT#1, which had a SSW wind, I'd say that Section 1 had a sidewind, Sec 2 a headwind and Sec 3 a tailwind. It would be useful (for my analysis, at least) to see that information on the "How the race was won" tab.

Grateful for anything that will help me get under the 30 min mark for the first time!

Mike

• Nic_77
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2016 11:19 #15 by Nic_77
Replied by Nic_77 on topic Re: Abbo TT Data Analysis
Data updated for 19th May
Including some new and improved ways of comparing one night against another.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SgCVMz1T-pLUZkMl9ISUhEWEU

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
Go to top