You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Mens Novice Grand Prix Race - Licence required?

• Rob101
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2016 14:21 #1 by Rob101
Hi

I am pondering whether I should enter the following novice race and if I need a race licence, I suspect not however could someone with any knowledge in this area could offer any insight or advice?

Name of race : Mens Novice Grand Prix Race (25mins) and can be found on the British Cycling website link below:

www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details...ycling-Festival-2016

I am a club member (SNCC) I am not a paid up British Cycling member.

Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers for any advice or help in advance,

Rob B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
09 Jun 2016 15:08 #2 by GarethS
Rob, it depends what level of license you hold. Generally speaking for Go-Race events (which this is classed as) you do not need a "day license" if you have Race level membership (Bronze of Silver) and the day license is usually only £5 on the day if you either have Ride membership or are not a BC member.

More information can be found here (www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/r...80%93-Road---Track-0). Doing a few Go-Race events is a good starting point to find your feet though I would also have a look at some of the BC RaceSmart videos if you haven't already.

• Rob101
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2016 16:19 #3 by Rob101
Many thanks for the information Gareth, I do have a further question:

Do we as members of St Neots CC have a bronze membership with British Cycling?

Cheers

Rob B

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
09 Jun 2016 16:46 - 09 Jun 2016 16:47 #4 by GarethS
Not automatically, no, I believe you can get a first year discount or similar if you are introduced to BC through an affiliated club such as St Neots. However bear in mind that Race Bronze only gives third party insurance for competitive riding, Silver is best value for money (in my opinion) as it gives cover for both competitive and non-competitive (social, training, etc) riding.

First year offer is here www.britishcycling.org.uk/clubs/membership
Last edit: 09 Jun 2016 16:47 by GarethS.

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Go to top