You are not logged in.

× General Club Chat

The place for general chat about St Neots Cycling Club

Club AGM minutes

More
07 Dec 2015 21:24 #13 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Club AGM minutes
Geoff - (with my Committee Member hat on, but without having discussed your post with anyone) I'll try to give you some answers:

1 - you're right; we really should be getting more members to come the AGM and I await your ideas on how we can do this as everyone will have had e-mails, seen website entries etc telling them when & where it was. I'm guessing in addition to EastEnders people also might have work or family duties......or even live in another country

2 - 2nd claim membership isn't viewed or (as far as I know) used by anyone to save a tenner on their annual subs. The handful we have are 'old friends' who for a variety of reasons have moved on to other clubs, teams, university etc but want to keep alive their link to SNCC. This can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned and would imagine you are well aware of the benefits of having more than one club to ride with

3 - given the chasm between BC & CTT I think it is entirely possible for someone to road race for one club in BC events and Time Trial for another when a CTT event - as such it would seem somewhat nonsensical for a club to stop one of their members riding in club events when they could represent that club in open / inter-club events. In my experience, other clubs also allow second claim members to compete in their 'club' events

4 - theres always next year's AGM if you want to suggest a rule change.........

cheers

Simon

ps - one man's "hidden from view" is another's "published on the club website and all members notified" ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2015 21:31 #14 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Re: Club AGM minutes
Did anyone mention the 500 % membership increase for Non-doms ( anyone spending less the 60 % of their time in the UK ) to Geoff, or are we waiting to break that bad news to his face?

....... And breath Geoff.....

Just joking! ;)

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Dec 2015 14:53 #15 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Club AGM minutes
Hi Joe its actually DOM TOMs .. yes i will pay what the club decides,, ah ah G

Steve i think you may have got it wrong in BC and CT events riders must be a 1st claim member of the named club on the entry form, your statements means a rider could ride for 2 different clubs and win awards local and national with different clubs definitely a "NO GO"

i am not against any rider riding club events, but the competitions eg Ashaman Cup, annual TT rider competition should be for club members only , not visitors what 2nd claim members are .

i could go on but i will not,, although i did expect the " i am here and you are there " statement.

Type A"

"Open " - entry open to first claim members of any affiliated club. Entry may only be restricted by gender or by type of machine. tthis the CTT rule ...

7.10.1 A rider may only be a first claim member of one
club for all forms of road and track competition. BCC race ruling......
www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/bc...nd_Roller_Racing.pdf

I rest my case

Geoff.............. :kiss: :kiss:

More
08 Dec 2015 15:48 #16 by Simon.R
Geoff - assuming I'm 'Steve' for the purposes of this conversation, I'm not going to pretend to know the rule book inside out without checking, but am not sure theres anything you've quoted there that would mean a rider couldn't be 'registered' with one club for BC 'road & track' and another for CTT 'testing' purposes

Its obviously something we need to get sorted out and it looks as though an interesting session of rulebook reading awaits.......

Assuming I can find (or at least make up) something to the effect that all non-doms need to prove their allegiance by representing the club can I put you down as a definite for the inter-club TT series next year ;)

will let you know as soon as I (or as is more likely a responsible adult) has gone through the BC & CTT rule books

cheers

Simon

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Dec 2015 16:13 - 08 Dec 2015 16:15 #17 by geoffrey smith
Sorry Simon i always have problems here..just a quickie CT do not issue licences only BC,,so my beef is 2nd claim members are unable to ride in any BC or CT events using their 2nd claim club status.i have never know any rider in 58 years of the sport to be a 1st claim member of more that one club,i would be happy for you to put me right and give me a rider or riders.

as a non-doms,(?) yes i will compete,1st claim 2nd claim or dom tom.s visitor, that's if they allow me..oh and i will gladly pay the £4 fee if i am a 2nd or visitor ,unlike all of the 2nd claim riders who rode last year.

,ah ah G

PS end of topic from me.i await your findings.
Last edit: 08 Dec 2015 16:15 by geoffrey smith.

More
08 Dec 2015 16:45 #18 by Simon.R
leave it with me.........but my first job will be to put you on the teamsheet for the interclub events; hopefully next year we can make a better show of ourselves and get further up the table

cheers

Simon

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Dec 2015 18:26 #19 by geoffrey smith
Hi Simon i did register last year but was unable to ride any event,i will register again for next year and ride if possible, obviously i will be wearing the Green and White of my club St Neots CC.ah ah G

More
10 Dec 2015 16:17 #20 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Club AGM minutes
There appears to be a degree of confusion and quite the protracted debate over what constitutes 2nd claim membership and the benefits a rider who takes this membership is entitled to within the club. I appreciate that this could be down to the fact we don't publicise the policy anywhere on the website and we will look to address that.

Road Racing and Time Trialling fall under different governing bodies, British Cycling (BC) for road racing and track and Cycling Time Trials (CTT) for time trials, so the issue of 2nd claim membership is split: riders who are members of two clubs can decide to be 1st claim of one club in road racing, and 2nd claim for time trialling, or vice versa. I imagine this situation is more prevalent, but not exclusively when a club only has only one of the affiliations.

St Neots Cycling Club appreciates there are numerous reasons why someone would like to join the club on a 2nd claim basis. For example an individual may feel their racing development is better served by another local club, but they would like to retain their links and continue to support this club on a 2nd claim basis. The club has no issue with this, in fact it can be a useful barometer on potential deficiencies to what we offer compared to other clubs in the area.

We have a policy of welcoming anyone who would like to join our ranks, either as a 1st claim or 2nd claim member.

The clubs view is that 2nd claim members can benefit the club because we have the opportunity to encourage those members to become 1st claim members who will hopefully ride competitively for the club in the future.

Therefore to clarify our policy:

(1) The club happily accepts 2nd claim members, subject to approval by the committee and as long as they are already a first claim member of another BC or CTT affiliated club.

(2) The membership fee for a 2nd claim member is £10 per annum with the exception being where a 2nd claim member wishes to compete for "In House" trophies.

(3) A 2nd claim member can compete in and be awarded trophies from "In House" competitions, e.g. Club TT, Ashman, Hill Climb etc., subject to paying the full membership fee. Points or times achieved from riding for other clubs would not be counted for trophies such as the BAR, TT10 - TT100 or road race points trophy. Points for “In House” competitions will only start accruing after payment of the full membership fee.

(4) 2nd Claim members are afforded equal voting rights at the AGM

Ultimately we are talking about 7 members in 2015 who chose SNCC as their 2nd claim club and this debate has punched well above its weight for quite some time now.

The clubs position is those members are welcomed and valued in line with our 1st claim members.

I agree with Geoff in that I now see this as the end of the topic.

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
10 Dec 2015 17:13 #21 by geoffrey smith
Hi Gary,,sorry but i must point out the following..

CCT "Open " - entry open to first claim members of any affiliated club. Entry may only be restricted by gender or by type of machine. this the CTT rule ...

a rider cannot enter an OPEN TT as a 2nd claim member you must be !st claim member of a club. therefore a 2nd claim member n of the St Neots Club, cannot enter a

"OPEN" TT under the clubs name

other than that no more comments

G

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Go to top