Hill Climb

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Feb 2016 13:48 #1 by geoffrey smith
Hill Climb was created by geoffrey smith
I have just read the minutes of the January meeting,,i am at a loss to see that the club will run the Hill Climb and the Autumn Breeze Sportivo on the same day,surely the hill climb could be put on a week end later into October..i would have thought that there will be quite a few members who want to ride both. Geoff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2016 14:38 - 09 Feb 2016 14:39 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Hill Climb
Geoff - I'll keep this brief as I'm sure we're both busy people, but feel free to ask for further clarification on any of the following points:

- just to confirm its the inter-club Hill Climb (not the SNCC club event) that has a clash of dates with the Sportive. As just four members made the effort last year to represent the club in this I'm not sure this will impact upon too many of us

- it wasn't planned that there would be a clash; however as we had to agree dates with the other clubs and seek to avoid clashes with road races, time trials and other events already in the calendar it unfortunately couldn't be avoided

- faced with a choice of having a clash of dates, scrapping one of the events or somehow inventing an additional week in the calendar with no other races already planned I hope you'll agree we took the best option

- Should anyone with a better crystal ball or time-warping powers want to make an early offer to help with next year's scheduling I'm very happy to let them give it a shot

- with the number of members we have, I'm sure we'll be able to cope to make both events successful; although as I've already said we would of course have preferred not to be doing them both on the same day

I hope that helps

Simon
Last edit: 09 Feb 2016 14:39 by Simon.R.

• geoffrey smith
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Feb 2016 18:28 #3 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Hill Climb
Hi there thanks Simon it did read as though it was the CLUB hill climb,,, thank you for the informative reply,,see ya soon G

More
09 Feb 2016 19:15 #4 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Hill Climb
no problem; I think with the extra events we're trying to do that this unfortunately won't be the only 'double booking' but theres only so many days in the year

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
Go to top