You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb

More
07 Jan 2014 14:31 #1 by simon
Hi folks. That time of year again!

Although not races our RR's are a good test of early season form and also very popular with rides coming from far and wide. Would be great to see more of our friends at St Neots CC also as per last year.

Full details will be posted on www.bedsroad.org

The first one is Sunday 2nd Feb and is 59 miles. Route here: http://connect.garmi...ivity/139542294

The second one is Sunday 16th feb and is 70 miles. Route here: ridewithgps.com/routes/3629503

The cost to non members is £5 which covers both events with free soup and a roll and tea/coffee afterwards.

Clubhouse opens at 8.30am on the day for sign on and maps will be available also. This year we'll be setting off groups at set times in order to space everyone out in terms of ability and not creating a log jam for the first 10 miles as per previous years.

If your ave speed is less than 15mph then you set off between 9am - 9.15am
If your ave speed is 15-18mph then you set off between 9.45-10am
If your ave speed is 18mph plus then you set off between 10.15-10.30am

All welcome, we had over 130 riders last year for both events in atrocious weather - many elite cat riders take part also which is entertaining.

Simon Norman
BRCC Club Captain.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2014 15:02 #2 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
Yes Simon, I'm sure some of us will be there, we really enjoyed it last year.
Hope you can supply better weather this year!!
;)

More
10 Jan 2014 17:34 #3 by simon
connect.garmin.com/activity/139542294

Garmin route for the first ride as requested Mark. :)

More
10 Jan 2014 18:11 #4 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
Well I'm up for it, any other takers?

;)

More
10 Jan 2014 19:08 #5 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
I reckon i fancy it B)
Steve

More
10 Jan 2014 19:18 #6 by Simon.R
looks a nice ride; I'll start stocking up on tubes ;)

More
10 Jan 2014 19:29 #7 by Mark Colmer

looks a nice ride; I'll start stocking up on tubes ;)

I guess we'll need a trailer to carry them in!!
:whistle:

More
10 Jan 2014 19:57 #8 by terry694
Yep

Its really is complicated

More
11 Jan 2014 18:42 #9 by Dave
Forgive my ignorance but whats the idea behind this type of ride, is it like a sportive, audax, race or something else?
Ive looked it up online but nowhere gives a definetive answer

More
11 Jan 2014 19:12 - 11 Jan 2014 19:23 #10 by Bowmore
Unless I am mistaken, this looks to me like what we call in the US a "Cookie Ride", which are essentially benefit/fund raising rides. This is where participants pay to ride a pre-determined course, often with rolling SAG vehicles, rest stops and road marshal's at intersections. There are different speeds and distances according to abilities.

We have several in the area with one right before new year called the "Final 50" ride, another for the benefit of "meals on wheels" and another more challenging one just north of us called the "Hot Doggett 100" which includes almost 11,000ft of climbing!!
Last edit: 11 Jan 2014 19:23 by Bowmore.

More
11 Jan 2014 19:16 #11 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
These were about before sportive came about.
They are early season rides to build up your fitness and some like to say a bit of a race as my first ever one I did at Ely cc
Went of like rocket but I looks much better with speeds etc instead one mass start
Steve

More
11 Jan 2014 20:02 #12 by Mark Colmer
Please note, it's not for charity, the route is not signed, there are no feed stations and there is no broom wagon. It's all down to YOU!

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Go to top