You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb

More
02 Feb 2014 16:58 #61 by garyn
Agreed a very good day out. Weather played ball as well. I hope there is more of those chocolate Clif bars.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 17:48 #62 by terry694

Agreed a very good day out. Weather played ball as well. I hope there is more of those chocolate Clif bars.

Unfortunately colmer was last seen stuffing them in his car

Its really is complicated

More
02 Feb 2014 20:24 #63 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb

Cheeky boy!!

More
02 Feb 2014 21:37 #64 by terry694

xx
Cheeky boy!!

Its really is complicated

More
03 Feb 2014 10:10 #65 by BeloB
Agreed, this was a great ride out - looking forward to the next one in a couple of weeks.

Ian

File Attachment:

More
03 Feb 2014 15:28 #66 by Joe

Cheers Joe, its as I thought, worse case I will just follow the crowd unless they are from SNCC G1 cos they are bound to get lost.

Ooh MEOW!! Harsh but fair!

More
03 Feb 2014 15:47 #67 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
Hi Guys,
I've been told by Beds Road CC that this is the Garmin route for 16th Feb.

connect.garmin.com/course/4295730

Yes, the same as last year for those that did it.
;)

More
09 Feb 2014 15:54 - 09 Feb 2014 15:55 #68 by Mark Colmer
I'm planning to be there next week for 07:30 to get off in the first time slot, see below:-

1. Times: There are to be three time slots, based upon your expected average speed, to try and ensure all riders return to the clubhouse for 12:30pm where soup, rolls and hot drinks will be served.

If your average speed is less than 15 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 8:00am to 8:15am

If your average speed is 15 to 18 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 8:45am to 9:00am

If your average speed is above 18 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 9:15am to 9:30am

ridewithgps.com/routes/3629503

connect.garmin.com/course/4295730

;)
Last edit: 09 Feb 2014 15:55 by Mark Colmer.

More
10 Feb 2014 20:29 #69 by garyn
Weather permitting ill ride from the square. It's 12 miles to their clubhouse so I'm guessing an 8:15 / 8:20 grand depart should give us enough time to get down there and sign in without too much hanging around, as long as we don't get lost ;-)

If the weather looks grim ill drive down.

More
14 Feb 2014 07:04 #70 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: Beds Road CC Reliability Rides 2nd & 16th Feb
If you are going on Sunday they have changed the route due to a bridge closure. The new route is on their club website.

More
14 Feb 2014 07:30 #71 by Mark Colmer

If you are going on Sunday they have changed the route due to a bridge closure. The new route is on their club website.

New Times and new Route to avoid Bunny Lane, 5 miles into the ride!
Many, many thanks to everyone who took part in our first event of the year on 2 February. A record turnout of 167 riders made for a fantastic atmosphere back at the clubhouse, a real buzz. It was great to see so many cyclists with so much enthusiasm!

Sunday 16 February, Reliability Ride (70 miles)

NEW ROUTE AND GPS FILE ridewithgps.com/routes/4034933

A small change 5 miles into the route, to avoid a short stretch of road now full of potholes. Then its back to the original route.

1. Times: There are to be three time slots, based upon your expected average speed, to try and ensure all riders return to the clubhouse for 12:30pm where soup, rolls and hot drinks will be served.

If your average speed is less than 15 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 8:00am to 8:15am

If your average speed is 15 to 18 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 8:45am to 9:00am

If your average speed is above 18 mph, the time slot for your departure from the clubhouse will be 9:15am to 9:30am

The idea will be that groups of up to 15 riders (ideally 10) will go off within the relevant time slot. We want to avoid creating traffic jams.

Who knows how to convert the file for Garmin?

;)

More
14 Feb 2014 09:39 - 14 Feb 2014 09:40 #72 by BeloB
I think I have managed to load the revised course into my Garmin 800. Please PM me with your email address and I'll email the .FIT file over to you.

Ian

Ian

File Attachment:
Last edit: 14 Feb 2014 09:40 by BeloB.

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Go to top