You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Introductory ride

• rostlr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Road Race Sec
More
19 Mar 2013 14:43 #37 by rostlr
Replied by rostlr on topic Re: Introductory ride
Tony, having a permanent group 3 is on the agenda for next weeks committee meeting.

We've had a couple of people express an interest in organising and leading group 3 routes, but we could always do with a couple more volunteers. The rota system that Mark C organised for group 2 has worked well and I can see the same working well for a group 3. I think people on the rota are leading about 1 ride/month.

So to everyone interested in a group 3, if you would like to volunteer to plan/lead a Sunday ride please let me know here or PM me. the more who come forward, the more likely this is to become a regular group on the clubrun, rather than something falling off the back of group 2!

And the old hands will give support where you think its needed!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2013 22:01 #38 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: Introductory ride

Yes, bang out of order.... Trev should be ashamed of himself ;)

raises eyebrow... :whistle:

Richard, I think that's a sensible move, although I think gp3 naturally forming off the back of gp2 is possibly the best way forward because as Ruth mentions earlier in the thread, if you get dropped from the faster group you can drop off knowing you have the luxury of the slower group not too far behind.

Saying that, if there is to be a seperate gp3 I would stick my name down for the rota but I don't have the luxury of a Garmin so I won't be much use unless someone shouts directions!

Tony.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Mar 2013 11:51 #39 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Introductory ride
Hi Tony buy a map, 2 shillings and sixpence at w.h.smiths ah ah...

More
21 Mar 2013 09:01 #40 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: Introductory ride
Do I get enough change out of that for an ice cream and the saturday morning matinee? :)

Tony.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Mar 2013 10:00 #41 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Introductory ride
Tony..no but you can buy 2 ounces of sugar almonds from the corner shop.ah ah G

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Go to top