You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Another Chain Gang post

More
01 Apr 2014 18:43 #13 by James T
Replied by James T on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Sorry just seen this I'm in the square atm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 19:25 #14 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

Hi there W..why change something that works,,if only 5 turn up what are you going to do..have a TT and set off at minute intervals ??OK OK I will close now because this Chain Gang episode ends in tears, for me just turn up, hang on for as long as you can, keep going turn round when they are coming back and have a gung ho for the sign on the A1 bridge. .see ya on the 8th, wheels are polished.G .......... :kiss: :kiss:

Why so cynical G, it will allow people (like me) who would shy away from the CG because its obscenely fast, to join in at a level that allows progression. If I were to join the jormal CG I wouldnt last past Staughton, at least this way I can still enjoy myself. We have a much larger demographic to accomodate now, not everyone can cope with super fast speed.
Im there next week, traffic delayed me getting home.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Apr 2014 10:11 #15 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

Hi there W..why change something that works,,if only 5 turn up what are you going to do..have a TT and set off at minute intervals ??OK OK I will close now because this Chain Gang episode ends in tears, for me just turn up, hang on for as long as you can, keep going turn round when they are coming back and have a gung ho for the sign on the A1 bridge. .see ya on the 8th, wheels are polished.G .......... :kiss: :kiss:

Why so cynical G, it will allow people (like me) who would shy away from the CG because its obscenely fast, to join in at a level that allows progression. If I were to join the jormal CG I wouldnt last past Staughton, at least this way I can still enjoy myself. We have a much larger demographic to accomodate now, not everyone can cope with super fast speed.

Hi.. have you ever turned up and had a go?..I will see you next week and check you out, I am the old age pensioner with the yellow helmet.ah ah G..

More
02 Apr 2014 11:31 #16 by Dave

Hi.. have you ever turned up and had a go?..I will see you next week and check you out, I am the old age pensioner with the yellow helmet.ah ah G..

I'll be the one at the back puffing and panting like an old pit horse ;)
Ive never been as the speed has put me off but if there are going to be some more 'slower' guys I will be there.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
02 Apr 2014 11:42 #17 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
To be fair (see my original tongue in cheek comment) Wayne has borrowed the format from an event which we attended a couple of weeks ago that worked well.

The primary thrust of that event was to get people used to through and off and they were only able to run three groups this time round because they had 30 attendees (with some last minute changes of people).

It will require planning in advance as Wayne has tried to do in order to give something back to the club and certainly I can't see it happening every week simply because of the numbers game. Course distance for the event we attended was roughly similar to the SNCC chain gang route but was point to point (with a group ride back) rather than out and back as we do.

I think it needs a chance but as I say I can't see it getting the numbers needed every single Tuesday night.

More
04 Apr 2014 18:53 #18 by Dave
Well I will be turning up on Tuesday and giving it a go, God knows what will happen but I'll hang for as long as possible, if I cant do it it wont be through lack of trying.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Apr 2014 19:58 #19 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
will you be there ? G///////////// :kiss: :kiss:

More
07 Apr 2014 22:13 #20 by Dave
Just bumping this to the top, dont leave to me to be destroyed on my own!!
If I can try it anyone can

More
08 Apr 2014 07:28 #21 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Dave - I can't make it there this week but aiming for next time

good luck!

• Wayne_Tunnah
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
08 Apr 2014 09:03 #22 by Wayne_Tunnah
Replied by Wayne_Tunnah on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Dave Wilson is planning on coming along. Another 3 or so riders and there is your group.

Will YOU join Dave and Dave, will they be able to stay away?? Come along and help them out :)

More
08 Apr 2014 10:43 #23 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
You’ve never really been one for hanging out in the pack. You need – you ARE – the escape artist. You crave the sensation of joy as your freedom is granted and the gap grows. And you fear that sinking feeling of desperation as you try to hold on to the line as the pack chases you down. Hope. Honor. Glory. The Hunted takes you through it all. Can you ride above yourself and ride to victory?

... :)

With this wind it'll be slow going out, whoosh coming back. Don't see an A1 to A1 KOM this week

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
08 Apr 2014 11:16 #24 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

You’ve never really been one for hanging out in the pack. You need – you ARE – the escape artist. You crave the sensation of joy as your freedom is granted and the gap grows. And you fear that sinking feeling of desperation as you try to hold on to the line as the pack chases you down. Hope. Honor. Glory. The Hunted takes you through it all. Can you ride above yourself and ride to victory?

... :)

With this wind it'll be slow going out, whoosh coming back. Don't see an A1 to A1 KOM this week

I think with that first paragraph you've been watching a certain video a bit TOO much over winter!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
Go to top