You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Another Chain Gang post

More
08 Apr 2014 11:53 #25 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
One thing I did want to check is how far out the cafe stop is???

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2014 15:18 - 08 Apr 2014 15:19 #26 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
[/quote]

I think with that first paragraph you've been watching a certain video a bit TOO much over winter![/quote]

;)
Last edit: 08 Apr 2014 15:19 by garyn.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
08 Apr 2014 21:27 #27 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

The pub at Chelveston where an Astra decided to pull in straight across the front of our group :evil:

Good effort by all tonight though started to get a bit chilly. We need the numbers to keep the "development" group ticking over even if it's people who would normally ride "scratch" helping out once every four to five weeks.

Come one, come all, whether you're thinking of doing NCRA races (Rockingham or scratch, HINT HINT on the latter) or looking to do club TTs the chain gang will help. :kiss:

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
08 Apr 2014 21:52 #28 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Got the chance to have a quick play around with this setup today and it works really well.

Both groups have a key incentive and like above this is an example of a training ride... rather than a club run.

You get out what you put in and you should give it a go. Even if you get dropped in the first 10 miles it is all experience.

Want to be a stronger rider? Club TTr? Open TTr? Racer? Then you have to consider it. Esp now the evenings are much lighter...

I like shiny things

More
08 Apr 2014 21:54 #29 by GirlOnABike
Replied by GirlOnABike on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
I'll happily come and support the development group again more people out ridding the better

Cake is the law

More
08 Apr 2014 22:23 #30 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Ok I will be there next week
Steve

More
08 Apr 2014 23:45 #31 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

The pub at Chelveston where an Astra decided to pull in straight across the front of our group :evil:

Good effort by all tonight though started to get a bit chilly. We need the numbers to keep the "development" group ticking over even if it's people who would normally ride "scratch" helping out once every four to five weeks.

Come one, come all, whether you're thinking of doing NCRA races (Rockingham or scratch, HINT HINT on the latter) or looking to do club TTs the chain gang will help. :kiss:

I heard Wayne had slipped the driver a tenner to hold you up to assist the 'catch', should have been £20 by the sounds of it ;)

It was bloody cold by the time I got home, just getting feeling back in my fingers now.
Currently free to try again next week, work dependant

• Wayne_Tunnah
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Apr 2014 07:48 #32 by Wayne_Tunnah
Replied by Wayne_Tunnah on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Good work by all lastnight. As more ride the easier it becomes as you share the workload. A great place to improve speed, strength,and teamwork. Looking forward to next week already.

More
09 Apr 2014 08:52 #33 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Looking at Strava out of the 10 minutes headstart we only managed to eat into 4:30 of it.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 Apr 2014 17:54 #34 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post

Got the chance to have a quick play around with this setup today and it works really well.

Both groups have a key incentive and like above this is an example of a training ride... rather than a club run.

You get out what you put in and you should give it a go. Even if you get dropped in the first 10 miles it is all experience.

Want to be a stronger rider? Club TTr? Open TTr? Racer? Then you have to consider it. Esp now the evenings are much lighter...

so you will be there next week D ?,,,,,,,G..... :blink: :blink:

• Wayne_Tunnah
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Apr 2014 08:23 #35 by Wayne_Tunnah
Replied by Wayne_Tunnah on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
You're right Gary, I also looked at the time / averages. Not an easy thing to gauge, but will get it closer next week.

They had D Lindsay join them also for a bit. Really need everyone meeting and setting off from the market square, so we know who's in what group. Enough room on the square at that time to park the motors.

More
10 Apr 2014 09:10 - 10 Apr 2014 09:13 #36 by tregigoat
Replied by tregigoat on topic Re: Another Chain Gang post
Just to clarify, do you depart at 19:00 or meet at 19:00, on the Square?

Thanks,

Christian
Last edit: 10 Apr 2014 09:13 by tregigoat. Reason: Punctuation!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Go to top