You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Tdf cambridge

More
09 Jun 2014 17:40 #13 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Chris's location can't be more than a mile from Great Shelford anyway Tony but I'd go along with any suggestions- especially as I'm 12 miles nearer than you :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2014 17:43 #14 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
think 'we' have had the rug pulled out from under us somewhat as 'the Council' were going to organise something for local cycling clubs in the City Centre only to back away (when I think they needed more space than they had thought for the tour itself)

More
09 Jun 2014 18:28 #15 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: Tdf cambridge

Chris's location can't be more than a mile from Great Shelford anyway Tony but I'd go along with any suggestions- especially as I'm 12 miles nearer than you :)

I was thinking more of the way you'd go to get there but I'm probably worrying more than necessary.

Tony.

More
09 Jun 2014 18:50 #16 by Edd Duck
Replied by Edd Duck on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Anyone considering taking their kids along?? school abscence will be authorised for this... Next generation of club riders etc.

More
09 Jun 2014 19:50 #17 by Ch3rryGh0st
Replied by Ch3rryGh0st on topic Re: Tdf cambridge

I am really surprised that nobody for the club has already started to the ball rolling on this , huge cycling event on our doorstep and nothing mentioned.

My understanding is the same as Simon's regarding promises made to local cycling clubs. There's a committee meeting next week, so expect to hear the club's plans shortly after that.

--
Andy Mc

More
09 Jun 2014 20:26 #18 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Finchingfield is 50 miles from the sq and about 35 from Eversden. They are having a fun day, whatever that entails and a big screen. I may just tootle off down there if the weather looks good, otherwise it's ITV4

More
09 Jun 2014 20:31 #19 by Ch3rryGh0st
Replied by Ch3rryGh0st on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
That's probably where we'll end up, too, Gary. I'm hoping to get out and recce the roads around there this weekend.

--
Andy Mc

More
09 Jun 2014 21:25 #20 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Off to London to see the finish instead
Steve

More
09 Jun 2014 22:32 #21 by Svl14
Replied by Svl14 on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
I will be a tourmaker in Cambridge but have been put off road, so will miss the race. Any info I get between now and race day I will post, but road closures will be in force from night before in some areas and from around 07:00 on the day.

Steve L :woohoo:

• Chrisbpr
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
10 Jun 2014 01:05 #22 by Chrisbpr
Replied by Chrisbpr on topic Re: Tdf cambridge

I am really surprised that nobody for the club has already started to the ball rolling on this , huge cycling event on our doorstep and nothing mentioned.

My understanding is the same as Simon's regarding promises made to local cycling clubs. There's a committee meeting next week, so expect to hear the club's plans shortly after that.

--
Andy Mc

Thanks for letting us know that. Would love to get to finchinfield as it's very nice there but I think it will be granchester area for me.

More
10 Jun 2014 08:34 #23 by tond86
Replied by tond86 on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Not sure what I will do yet, its passing a few minutes from my parents house in Essex so that is tempting but if the weather is good a ride out to Finchingfield would be nice, busy but nice!

Tom

More
10 Jun 2014 09:23 #24 by tregigoat
Replied by tregigoat on topic Re: Tdf cambridge
Yep, weather permitting, I'm liking the sound of this Finchingfield excursion.

Christian T

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Go to top