You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
26 Jan 2015 18:45 - 27 Jan 2015 14:44 #1 by Simon.R
Dear All - we have the opportunity as a club to join in the successful Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb competition along with Icknield Road, Hitchin Nomads & CC Ashwell.

Given the nature of the series, the courses are all pretty local and more often than not are not only 'sporting' (ie not flat dual-carriageway drag strips) but also irregular distances rather than 'standard' 10 or 25 milers. As such, anyone who has ridden our Abbotsley course should be 'race ready' for the TT side of things.

The events normally take place on Sundays throughout the summer, and if we're able to join this year it would be six in total (with each club hosting a TT, together with the final Hill Climb)

Although 'a competition' with points awarded for the position of the finishers of each club, the spirit of the event is that entrants should reflect the 'true feel' of each club, so although our quickest pointy-hats will be very welcome, more importantly, so will everybody else who wants to pin a number on their back and have a ride to represent the club. Looking at the results from previous years, there has been a good mix of men & women, and young & 'not so young' from each club, and I would like to think we could manage likewise.

Unlike some series, we're neither limited to a few places at each event nor need everyone to sign up now or miss out. However, what would be appreciated is if you could let me know if you think you might be interested (even if its only for one event to see how much faster you can ride with a number on your back!) as we'll need to confirm our place and organise dates for events etc

cheers

Simon

EDIT - provisional dates of April 19th, June 7th & 21st, July 12th & Oct 4th (Hill Climb) + 1 more tbc
Last edit: 27 Jan 2015 14:44 by Simon.R.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2015 22:17 #2 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
Simon
That sounds like a great idea for the club
Regards
Steve

More
26 Jan 2015 23:31 #3 by Dave
I'm game for a few of them!

More
27 Jan 2015 06:42 #4 by tregigoat
As discussed Sunday, count me in Simon.

Thanks,

Christian

More
27 Jan 2015 10:25 #5 by RichB
Hi Simon,

I'd give at least one a go.

Rich

More
27 Jan 2015 12:05 #6 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
I'll be up for doing one or two at least

Mark G

More
27 Jan 2015 15:21 #7 by tond86
I would be up for one or two of them. Looks like a great idea.

hurty knee permitting.

More
29 Jan 2015 21:11 #8 by Nic_77
I'd be interested in joining in.

Thanks. Nic

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
01 Feb 2015 20:27 #9 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
Would need to know exactly when the dates and times are as for me the opens take priority.

Do you register per event then?

I like shiny things

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
02 Feb 2015 08:30 #10 by Simon.R
I'll let you know dates as soon as they're arranged - Hopefully we'll be able to avoid any clashes with 'local' opens

As I understand it, you enter each event individually, but again I'll get details of how, when etc once thats all finalised

cheers

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Feb 2015 10:19 #11 by Simon.R
right, dates & events list for our first inter-club season taking shape, although obviously more info to come:

Sat 18th April 10 mile (F15/10 2pm start)
Sun 7th June 15 mile
Sun 21st June 30 mile
Sun 19th Jult 25 mile
Sun 4th Oct Hill Climb

More
26 Mar 2015 21:12 #12 by Dave
Any more news on these Simon?

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds
Go to top