You are not logged in.

× Racing
Let's discuss everything to do with time trials (club events and open events), road races, triathlon and duathlon, cyclocross, mountain bike races - starting times, problems on the course, entries, experiences etc

Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
01 Jun 2015 15:50 - 01 Jun 2015 16:51 #25 by Simon.R
come on everyone; we're half way to getting our team of eight........although with no maximum number we could have a team of eighty if we want........

Also, with ladies and juniors making a good proportion of the entries from the other clubs, wouldn't it be nice to have a bit of 'diversity' from SNCC.........
Last edit: 01 Jun 2015 16:51 by Simon.R.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2015 16:56 #26 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
Unable to make June's fixtures due to the Tour of Cambridgeshire and a wedding but could make July 12th if that's of any use? :whistle:

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
01 Jun 2015 19:49 - 16 Jun 2015 10:11 #27 by Simon.R
Mark - its for everyone who wants to give it a go. Last time the average speeds varied from 30+mph to under 15mph; so me, you and everyone we know would be in the right area!

so far the age range has been 13 to 71 and around 1 in 6 (33 out of 206) being ladies

EDIT - latest stats: Youngest=13, Oldest=71. There are 188 men, averaging 43.2yrs and 37 women, averaging 40.7 yrs. The overall average is 42.8 yrs
Last edit: 16 Jun 2015 10:11 by Simon.R.

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
07 Jun 2015 14:39 - 10 Jun 2015 09:59 #28 by Simon.R
good & bad in today's instalment of the inter-club competition:

The good was that Christian put in a great ride to finish in 7th place, and I wasn't too upset at 12th.

The bad was that Darren suffered from a visit from the puncture fairy and had to limp home in last place.

Unfortunately we only had three riders signing-on, which with each club's fastest eight riders scoring meant we were always going to be struggling to be in anything other than last place. That said, if the Puncture Fairy hadn't made an unwelcome visit, Darren (or anyone else from SNCC) placing anywhere in the top 20 or so would have seen us climb above the Icknield Road team! Result can be seen here

The next event is a 30-miler on Sunday 21st June (8.00 start) course map here and we've been asked for everyone to have signed-up by Tues 16th to give the organisers a chance of getting the start sheet sorted out. Hopefully we can make a good showing both in terms of numbers & performances next time.........
Last edit: 10 Jun 2015 09:59 by Simon.R.

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
13 Jul 2015 12:22 - 13 Jul 2015 12:39 #29 by Simon.R
the last of the 'proper' inter-club TTs, a 25 mile jaunt twice around the F14/12 course at Guilden Morden / Shingay / Wendy / Wrestlingworth is next Sunday 19th July course map here which some of you may recognise from last year's relocated Ashman

entry as ever is by the Beds Road online system here and entries are required by 6pm on Thursday 16th. However, should anyone be fundamentally opposed to using a very simple electronic system, (and only if you are certain that you are going to ride), if you let me know I'm sure we can beat the system and get you entered.......

HQ is Guilden Morden village hall (next to the Edward VII pub if you navigate in the same way I do!) here

first rider off at 9am, so you could be finished and eating cake by 10.30 :woohoo:

ps - also, if you want an extra early or late start time let me know and we'll see what we can do
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 12:39 by Simon.R.

More
13 Jul 2015 22:31 #30 by Dave
That's a more reasonable start time, I'm in

More
14 Jul 2015 17:34 #31 by CambourneMark
Replied by CambourneMark on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
Also if you follow Simon's link above and register you can see who has entered, which club they represent and the type of bike they will be on so any non skinsuit/pointy hat owners can see there will be lots of other riders on standard road bikes.

More
14 Jul 2015 17:59 - 14 Jul 2015 18:00 #32 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Beds Road CC inter-club TT & Hill Climb Series
Would like to take part but Boozy Saturday night planned so have to whimp off.
:whistle:
Last edit: 14 Jul 2015 18:00 by Mark Colmer.

More
15 Jul 2015 10:49 #33 by Rinaldo
Hi Simon and fellow SNCC TT'ers

I have entered the Beds Road inter-club 25 for Sunday.
Who else is riding from the club?

I don't know the course, so if anybody knows it please share. The Beds Road website is down at the moment. But if you do want to enter I was given the following temporary link:
www.book-to-ride.com/BRCC/Register/enter_spoco_2015.php

Also, I am keen on riding the hill climb series.

Simon Rinaldo

• Simon.R
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
15 Jul 2015 11:09 - 15 Jul 2015 11:09 #34 by Simon.R
hopefully the link on my last post should show the course

this lets you see who has booked for an event; I see five of us so far and it would be really great to have a team of at least eight if we can. As everyone will also be able to see from that link, so far the age range of riders in the series is 12 to 75 and women make up around 1 in 6 of the entrants........but none from SNCC so far

the final event in the competition is a hill climb later in the year (4th October) - and anyone who has seen me try to defeat gravity will be able to see that not expecting to win is no barrier to entering
Last edit: 15 Jul 2015 11:09 by Simon.R.

More
15 Jul 2015 11:26 #35 by Rinaldo
That's great.
I still can't see the course on there though.

More
15 Jul 2015 12:30 #36 by Rinaldo
I think that this is the course:

www.bikemap.net/en/route/838236-cc-ashwe...0144,-0.0848/terrain

2 laps of Ashwell F14/12 Different start point to finish point.

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Go to top