• Steve_walker94
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 Sep 2013 17:54 #1 by Steve_walker94
Spinning classes was created by Steve_walker94
Does anyone else do spinning classes.
if so are they worth doing for winter training or is turbo training still better ?
Regards
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2013 20:17 #2 by Gerrard
Replied by Gerrard on topic Re: Spinning classes
There was 5 of us spinning away last night at one leisure to the amusement of some ladies also attending the class.

Me personally I have found it beneficial and improved my fitness since I started doing it 2-3 a week since last December. I cannot compare it to a turbo as I have never used one.

More
11 Sep 2013 20:47 - 11 Sep 2013 20:47 #3 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Spinning classes

Does anyone else do spinning classes.
if so are they worth doing for winter training or is turbo training still better ?
Regards
Steve

Hi Steve, we are in the process of organising 'club members only' spinning classes, to hopefully start in October to April.
We hope to put out an e-mail to our membership next week to see what uptake there is.

;)
Last edit: 11 Sep 2013 20:47 by Mark Colmer.

More
12 Sep 2013 09:08 #4 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Spinning classes
I find them quite useful when the nights start drawing in to help maintain the fitness built up over the Summer months.

It can very dependant on the instructor though as to how enjoyable they are. A class specifically for cyclists would IMO be ideal and easier to get motivated for compared to a slog on the turbo in the garage.

More
12 Sep 2013 09:38 #5 by BeloB
Replied by BeloB on topic Re: Spinning classes
I quite fancy a go at Spinning so count me in if a class is arranged. Going from the looks of pain from those I have seen doing classes I expect it won't be easy ! :ohmy:

Ian

File Attachment:

More
12 Sep 2013 10:16 #6 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Re: Spinning classes
Can't beat a bit of spinning over the winter :lol:

More
12 Sep 2013 10:49 #7 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Spinning classes
Spinning classes are more of an interval based workout whereas turbo can be varied (strength/endurance/intervals)
Spin will definetley keep your fitness up if, like me, you are keen on being out in the dark/grim weather.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
12 Sep 2013 12:07 #8 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Spinning classes
Depending on the instructor at One Leisure spinning can also include some core work as well.

Turbo vs spin? I put in a heavy batch of turbo work last winter (due to sling, etc) using training videos/Giro2012 footage to keep me sane and as Dave says you can have a bigger variety of what you do on a turbo I feel. However spin class can be good for a bit of cameraderie and banter as evidenced last Tuesday (as Ian G says, much to the amusement of the ladies present).

I suspect there's a few of us along tonight (17:40) at St Neots leisure centre if anyone wanted to give it a try. Other One Leisure facilties across Huntingdonshire are available ...

Please also note that One Leisure list it as Ex Bikes as apparently it is Spinning™ a bit like Ironman™ for triathlons ...

More
12 Sep 2013 12:12 #9 by Dasilky
Replied by Dasilky on topic Re: Spinning classes
Hey count me in, my wife is totally opposed to me having a turbo trainer in the house and I have no garage to hide in.. :evil:

More
12 Sep 2013 12:23 #10 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Re: Spinning classes
The one Leisure classes do fill it so best to book, also note they are SPD pedals
01480 388700
its £5 a time or you can buy a block of 10 (any classes) for £40

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
12 Sep 2013 12:28 #11 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Spinning classes

The one Leisure classes do fill it so best to book, also note they are SPD pedals
01480 388700
its £5 a time or you can buy a block of 10 (any classes) for £40

It's only a fiver if you already have a "One Card" (free if you're within Huntingdonshire postcodes) otherwise it's £6 a session for non-card holders.

More
12 Sep 2013 15:47 #12 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Spinning classes
For info if you are looking for a spin class at short notice I tend to go to St. Ives where you rarely need to book as they now have 25 bikes.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Go to top