You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

chain gangs

More
18 Oct 2012 15:19 #49 by tdpennell
Replied by tdpennell on topic Re: chain gangs
Not sure about "the longest pointless thread ever" as it would appear there is demand for an alternative chain gang route. Personally I am happy with the existing one but maybe another chain gang could be organised on a different route and a different time ? Any suggestions anyone ?............................. What about a daytime or even a Saturday ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2012 15:42 #50 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Re: chain gangs
Be careful, if you mess with Geoff's chain gang format and suggest something else could be called a chain gang he gets all arsy with you :) xx

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
18 Oct 2012 15:52 #51 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: chain gangs
hi there R+T i do hope both of you are NOT on my case...i am just a simple working class bloke from the grimy norf.. in fact we did not have a inside toilet until some idiot set fire the one in the midden,,oh where was i,,,,, chain gang..nothing to do with me,, adie and i were at zeros having a coffee, i had no money so he said he would buy my a latty if i gave him a good idea to make the club more user friendly,,i suggested a night time mid week run,, flat out gung oh, wimps off the back wimps home.he said GREAT just what he was thinking,, then he said it might be a good idea for me to bring it up.why..well i live a 1000kms away and if it all goes pear shaped i will be in France plodding around without a care in the world... he could just plod around with the club completely blameless..G.. :evil:

More
18 Oct 2012 16:24 #52 by tdpennell
Replied by tdpennell on topic Re: chain gangs

Not sure about "the longest pointless thread ever" as it would appear there is demand for an alternative chain gang route. Personally I am happy with the existing one but maybe another chain gang could be organised on a different route and a different time ? Any suggestions anyone ?............................. What about a daytime or even a Saturday ?

Geoff, didn't you read my last post. "Personally I am happy with the existing one......"
And, no, I am not having a go at you - at least not this time anyway. :cheer:

More
18 Oct 2012 17:12 #53 by scrodley
Replied by scrodley on topic Re: chain gangs
With all the time I currently have on my hands I have discovered that "Hi, G can nag" is an anagram of "chain gang".

On a slightly related note, and taking into account rostlr's post, I too struggle with the time and have been thinking about putting the idea of a "train gang" for the train commuters (geddit!) who get back a bit later in the evening. As for a route, I don't have a preference but I quite liked the idea of laps round a shorter loop.

I have no desire to interfere with the current time/day/format of the current chain gang TM but simply see this as an alternative option / activity if sufficient people are interested. Rather than do this to death on the forum, it might be worth chatting about informally at the AGM or another social event.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
18 Oct 2012 22:50 - 18 Oct 2012 23:01 #54 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: chain gangs
I'll repeat what I said earlier in the thread and after we got back to market square on Wednesday night.

"I know I'm the new guy so feel free to tell me to shut up but I think all these things bear discussion as the club grows and will give us something to discuss at a social evening or the like"

What do you mean I wasn't supposed to say it verbatim?! Personally I liked the route a lot (once I stopped swearing at hills) but can understand other people's concerns (it's part of my job after all). An alternative option I think would be good as there's no guarantee work commitments will always allow me to attend on Wednesday nights.

I'll check in before work at 4 tomorrow morning for heckling responses :lol:
Last edit: 18 Oct 2012 23:01 by GarethS. Reason: Remove confusing tendancy for understatement of positives

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
19 Oct 2012 11:52 #55 by geoffrey smith
hi there GS there is nothing to discuss..at the next meeting/club run /social/ propose a route and ask if anyone wants to go on it..turn up and go.. do we really have to be lead by the hand, put on the bike and be told to """getonwithitlad""...just do it... don't forget..you need around 5000 miles in your legs before you start to make the other feel REAL PAIN.,,every mile helps..go for it...G... :evil:

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Oct 2012 18:07 #56 by geoffrey smith
hi there billy wiz did you turn up for the club run :evil: then...????................G......

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Oct 2012 17:53 #57 by geoffrey smith
where has billywizz gone,,lots of waffle, lots of gung ho...now.....nothing..come on billywizz, where are you..G.... :evil:

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2012 19:12 - 22 Oct 2012 19:13 #58 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: chain gangs
I've started getting my 5000 miles in. All being well I should be ready to go in a couple of weeks....
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 19:13 by billywizz.

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2012 19:14 #59 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: chain gangs
... but then again you might have put me off altogether!

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
22 Oct 2012 19:19 #60 by geoffrey smith
""""but then again you might have put me off altogether!\!!!!!!!!!!!hi you are about then,,,chain gang on Wednesday ????........G...... :evil:

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Go to top