You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

chain gangs

More
23 Oct 2012 20:33 #73 by alec
Replied by alec on topic Re: chain gangs

there is only ONE guy who is capable of riding this course over 25mph who lives around st neots..and it R Hancock

Geoff, are you sure about that? I don't think I know all the fast riders in the region and they aren't all members of St Neots CC. Yet!

Senior Shouting Officer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Oct 2012 21:18 #74 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: chain gangs
hi clive i think we have sussed him out,,,billy wizz is a non de plume for this guy..he exists but not in the real world,,,just check out his email address he gave when you approved his log on..G

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2012 07:37 - 24 Oct 2012 07:38 #75 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: chain gangs
Lots of non de plumes on the forum. My surname isn't really wizz ... rumbled!

I can think of at least one rider capable of riding that route at over 25 mph ... Mick Hodson. 49 minute 25 miler from Blunhum.

You're VERY opinionated IMO Geoff and tend to make bold statements without really thinking what you're saying. I'd have thought you'd have known better at your age. What you may consider to be 'friendly banter' is more than likely going to put potential members off joining the club ... it would me anyway.

For the time being, I think I'll continue riding by myself and see how I progress before joining any of your clubruns. I'll start off with a few rides round the Abbotsley circuit. Can I ask the members what would be a reasonable time for starters .... and what the best time ever done round the circuit is ... please?

If I make some progress after the winter I promise I'll be out at at least one of the chaingangs ... during the summer months when it's light of course. Hopefully Geoff will be there?
Last edit: 24 Oct 2012 07:38 by billywizz.

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
24 Oct 2012 07:51 #76 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: chain gangs
Billy, times for this year's TT series can be found in the reports if you're interested:

www.stneotscyclingclub.info/time-trials/...ial-news-and-reports

Times appear to be around the 25s to 27s for the quickest riders.

GS

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Oct 2012 15:05 #77 by geoffrey smith
You're VERY opinionated IMO Geoff and tend to make bold statements without really thinking what you're saying. I'd have thought you'd have known better at your age. What you may consider to be 'friendly banter' is more than likely going to put potential members off joining the club ... it would me anyway. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hi billy wuz..but you have decided NOT to come,, as a old hand i presume,, it would be best to get in now,during the "winter period" and see how you go,,, why not just turn up say "BONJOUR" to the guys and then toodle off...i find it quite amusing that one character in the club is able to turn people away from the ST Neots Cycling club,,its a GREAT club .... i will be in ST Neots at xmas,, on the 20th of december there will be 2/3 riders doing our sportivo course only 125kms give or take.... 09.00 market place, bring food.. just do it...G............ :evil:

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Oct 2012 15:09 #78 by geoffrey smith
Sorry missed this out,,,,The time to aim for is 30 minutes,,,its the "under the hour" bench mark,,,the top man RH does 25 minutes every ride,,the rest of us do from 27mins up to 39 minutes for the newbies..hope this helps....G............ :evil:

More
24 Oct 2012 17:00 #79 by rooster
Replied by rooster on topic Re: chain gangs
Hi geoff, congratulations on the sub 29 tt ride I did notice it , a very good ride in anyones book. Ive got a good idea who Billy is and if im right hes very fast though I might be completley wrong !! whod have thought a chain gang would create so much interest !!! ha ha just ride it and enjoy it .

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
25 Oct 2012 09:04 #80 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: chain gangs

just ride it and enjoy it

Could not agree more!

I like shiny things