You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

chain gangs

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
22 Oct 2012 19:31 - 22 Oct 2012 19:32 #61 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: chain gangs
Let me know when you're back from France and perhaps we can have a tootle to Higham Ferrars and back (in the daylight) one day? You can show me the ropes then. A 25 mph ride should be possible ... shouldn't it? Or am I being a bit ambitious / naive?
Last edit: 22 Oct 2012 19:32 by billywizz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Oct 2012 12:50 #62 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: chain gangs
"""A 25 mph ride should be possible""" sorry no it isn't..G.. :evil:

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2012 12:57 #63 by billywizz
Surely it is (possible) with 2 people doing bit and bit (is that the right terminology)?

More
23 Oct 2012 13:28 #64 by alec
Replied by alec on topic Re: chain gangs
I don't think it's impossible. If a weak rider like me can do 22mph for that route, surely a 1st Cat or a really good tester could manage 25mph or more. On the other hand for a newbie just starting riding...

Anyway, I'd like to be on the ride when Billy and Geoff set off for Higham Ferrers - I think that would be good to see.

Just a reminder to Billy: new or returning members always welcome.

Senior Shouting Officer

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Oct 2012 14:06 #65 by geoffrey smith
but are you strong enough...???....A there is a BIG difference between 22mph and 25 mph.. don't believe me..try it sometime,ride at 22mph for say 5 miles (easy as falling off a log ) then up it to 25 mph for the next 5 miles .!!!!.,remember that chaingang course out and home" is no dragstrip..billy wizz,i say turn up on Sunday for the club run group ride with group 1 and see what you are made of,,i will check next week...G....

More
23 Oct 2012 16:49 - 23 Oct 2012 16:51 #66 by alec
Replied by alec on topic Re: chain gangs

but are you strong enough...???

Just to be absolutely clear - I'm not saying I can ride it at 25mph because I know how much difference there is between 22 and 25mph (as I have not just acquired my first road bike) and I know I can't. But I think that there are those that can and it's not impossible.

Senior Shouting Officer
Last edit: 23 Oct 2012 16:51 by alec.

More
23 Oct 2012 16:51 #67 by rooster
Replied by rooster on topic Re: chain gangs
Hi Geoff, just a curiosity but the times for the leaderboard is that the full chain gang higham ferrars course ?? just curious hope your well , rich

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Oct 2012 18:18 #68 by geoffrey smith
hi there Rich, if you are referring to the Strava st neots chain gang,,ok..that time was done when YOU were out,remember ah ah..you gave us ALL so much pain...the start and finish point is the bridge over the A1....i do not want to sound bullish BUT as you know, there is only YOU who is capable to beat ""THE HOUR" over a 25 mile TT....any other riders making a time which exceeds 25mph is or must be in a bunch riding very fast..and as we both know...it is NOT 25 mph its 27 mph to get 25mph...well done with the world champion masters selection..you deserve it..oh got under 29 mins for the TT.(big head )..see ya G. :evil:

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2012 18:37 #69 by billywizz
See my post No 17 earlier in this thread Geoff. My mate says he's done it at over 25 mph ... by himself too. Do you reckon he's got some talent then? It can't be THAT hard surely?

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Oct 2012 19:03 #70 by geoffrey smith
why dont you try it then..............having been in this game for 55 years, i take so called friends achevements with a pinch of salt..i have a friend who claims he rode up the ALPE in 51 minutes that's faster that only 5 other riders..hey got an idea, why not you and your friend do it and then report back,,,,,there is only ONE guy who is capable of riding this course over 25mph who lives around st neots..and it R Hancock....club run on Sunday..group 1..give em hell oh bring your friend along..he should show em////G... :evil:

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
23 Oct 2012 19:17 #71 by billywizz
You calling my friend a liar Geoff?

I went for a ride with a R Hancock once. I wonder if it's the same chap and if so, if he remembers?

• Di2vid Lindsay
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • kit whore
More
23 Oct 2012 20:19 #72 by Di2vid Lindsay
Replied by Di2vid Lindsay on topic Re: chain gangs
Do it billy and post your time.

I will buy you a beer because I can't ride the entire chaingang solo @ 25mph average. Ouch!

I like shiny things

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Go to top