2 PB’s as we enter the summer schedule …
We had 10 entries on our 6th outing of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course.
Sam McDonald set the fastest time of the evening, with a very impressive sub-25-minute time of 24:11, followed by Simon Murphy and Tom Walker, well done to all on the podium.
Only one H/C PB was set on the evening, so congratulations to Dawn Donaldson reducing her previous best by 30s – Great effort and first PB of this season out of 3 attempts for Dawn.
Returning guest was Tom Walker, welcome back, also setting a new PB on second outing of the season, reducing his previous best by 10s – Good effort Tom.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 9 JUNE
TIME 7:00 pm Latest Sign-on (NOTE LATER TIME)
TT#6 Results – 2 June…
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 10 riders and 9 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Dawn Donaldson for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
6 races completed with 12 remaining before the end of the 2022 season, with Ruth Chamberlain leading the way and 3 lady members in the top 4, but a long way to go, every second and every point counts… Good Luck for the rest of the season!