Annual SNCC Hot Cross Bun Ride - Good Friday
This is one of the most popular and best supported rides in the Club. The route is always to Oundle and back with a coffee stop in Oundle to catch up with people that you probably have not seen for a while on the road. If you have not tried this before it is recommended and if you are a regular look forward to seeing you there.
08:30 Start - Good Friday 2nd April 2021 - St Neots Market Square
There are two routes to choose from, a 55-mile route with a coffee stop in Oundle:
- and a shorter 37-mile route without a coffee stop:
Groups should consider planning variations to these routes to avoid congestion on the road. For example, the Buckden boys could plan the return leg to finish at Buckden?
In addition to the protocol for the Sunday Club Runs:
1) The HCBR is open to Club members and invited quests.
2) Please gather in the three separate areas of the Market Square, as described for the Sunday Club Runs.
3) Faster groups will depart first to avoid bunching on route.
4) In Oundle, the following cafés will be available for takeaway drinks and snacks:
- Greedy Piglet Cafe, 4 North Street, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 4AL
- The Coffee Tavern, 34 Market Place, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 4BE
- Beans Coffee Stop, 1 New Street, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 4EA
- Kingfisher Cafe, Barnwell Country Park, Barnwell Rd, Oundle, Peterborough PE8 5PB
If you reach a café and there is already an SNCC group there, please move on to one of the alternatives.
All the cafe's open at 10am. Kingfisher Cafe is on the Country Park to your right as you leave Oundle (800yds over the bridge). There is a larger grass area there to sit in should the previous three cafe's be too busy.
We look forward to seeing you Friday.