Jarvis joins the Club ‘elite’ with sub-25 …
We had 9 entries on our second race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Shaun Jarvis was fastest and breaking the 25s barrier with a 24:59 – Proves every second counts! …
… Adam Williams was second with an impressive low 25 this week of 25:29 closing in his previous best and Stassi Bowler third with an also impressive 26:37, well done to all on the podium.
Two PB’s on the night so congratulations to Shaun Jarvis, beating his previous time by 25s and giving him his first sub25 ride to join that elite 24 club, also congratulations to Annabel Thompson beating her previous best by 15s, both on the first outing of the season.
No Guests, No First-time riders, No DNF’s… come on all those that want to have a try, you know you want to!!
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration, timekeeping, delicious cakes and coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration & timekeeping)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
BR The Editor.
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light – CTT requirement.
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting.
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish.
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 11 MAY
TIME 6.15 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#2 Race Results
TT#2 Handicap Points
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 9 riders and 9 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
Congratulations to Shaun Jarvis for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy Table - 2023
2xTT’s completed with 17 left before the end of the 2023 season, a long way to go, every second and every point counts… Good Luck!
See full results H/C table here