2x PB’s and Wet, Wet, Wet …
15C, NE-6mph Wet
We had 11 entries on our third race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Adam Williams was fastest with a 25:24, and nose ahead of Shaun by 2 seconds …
… Shaun Jarvis was second with a 25:26 and Paul Williamson third with a 28:12 giving him a PB, well done to all on the podium.
Two PB’s on the night even with the wet conditions and reports of standing water, so congratulations to Paul Williamson, beating his previous time by 3s (every second counts!), also congratulations to Simon Winter beating his previous best by 25s.
Welcome back to Ruth Chamberlain, Frances Lammyman, Ruth Stapleton and Adrian Lewis for their first entries this season and nice to see a good turn-out for the Ladies…. More please.
Average time this week was 31:36 and Average entries to date is 8, with 14 riders.
No Guests, No First-time riders, No DNF’s… come on all those that want to have a try, you know you want to!
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration, timekeeping, delicious cakes and coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration & timekeeping)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
BR The Editor.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 18 MAY
LATER TIME 6.30 pm Latest Sign-on
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light – CTT requirement.
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting.
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish.
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
TT#3 Race Results
TT#3 Handicap Points
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 11 riders and 11 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
Congratulations to Simon winter for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy Table - 2023
3xTT’s completed and 16 left before the end of the 2023 season, with Adam Williams topping the table for the first 3 weeks but now joined by Simon Winter…. Still a long way to go, every point counts!
See full results H/C table here