3 PBs on the night...
- 18 riders this evening with 2 guests
- 3 PBs and congratulations to Paul , Stuart and Frances and to Paul for his first sub 30 minute ride.
- 2nd visit by Anastasia Bower and time now down to 26 minutes and getting close to the woman’s best of 25:21 for Abbo.
- Chapeau to Sam for maintaining his 2021 record of all TT rides sub 25 minutes
- Bad luck for Simon E to puncture and leaves the destiny of the 2021 Handicap Trophy up for grabs with only one point separating Simon and Sam
Ashman Trophy : Sunday 25th July.
This is two circuits of the Abbo track to compete for a trophy dating back to 1938. You must have posted at least two times in this season to enter and your handicap time will apply on the day. Put it in your diary now. N.B. Results of the Ashman count towards the 2021 Handicap Trophy .
A few housekeeping reminders to keep us all safe and compliant:
- remember a working rear light – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- even before covid, Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time. Please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished
- Paying in advance is very helpful and thanks to the 22 riders who have done this. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 22nd JulyJuly – 7:15 pm START – SIGN ON BY 7:00 pm at the latest.
TT Results – 15th July
Handicap Trophy – 2021
Quick reminder that for the Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight, 18 riders and 16 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2021 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Paul Williamson for taking the maximum points on offer tonight by finding another two seconds off his PB just ahead of Mandy and Richard who improved by one second.
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
10TT’s down with 6 left before the end of the 2021 season and the destiny of the 2021 Handicap Trophy continues to remain very open with Simon Elkington retaining a narrow lead over Simon Brick and with the holiday season approaching a few missed TTs and it changes again.