Blistering guest, Ryan Witchell matches new Club Lap Record only set the previous week…
We had 14 entries on our penultimate race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Ryan Witchell was fastest with a blistering time of 23:52/PBG …
… and equalling the new SNCC members lap record, set by Nic Pillinger last week and third on all-time list for the course – Only two other guest riders have ever gone quicker, Toby Atkins with a 23:50 and James Tucker with a 23:32. Sam McDonald was second with an also impressive Sub-25 of 24:42 (…following 10-day Covid recovery) and Adam Williams third with an also impressive 25:46/PB, well done to all on the podium.
Congratulations to all 4 riders achieving PB’s on the night, some very impressive riding at all levels of the club…
- Ryan Witchell with 23:52 and matching Club members lap record.
- Chris Dennis with 33:33 beating his previous best by 33s.
- Simon Winter with 31:57 beating his previous best by 20s and sixth PB of season.
- Adam Williams with 25:46 beating his previous best by 8s.
We welcomed 3 guests on the evening with Ryan Witchell, Chris Parson and Dom Whitehead returning for more… welcome back guys.
Also, welcome back to Simon Murphy who crashed out in TT#8/16Jun, taking 6 weeks off the bike and still recovering from that very painful injury.
No dogs were rescued this evening or coffee’s left in Mandy’s car, sorry…. Just pure racing and very impressive results at all levels of the club.
ONE MORE to go, so don’t miss out on the finale of the season, remember we may not even have the course available next year, so maybe your last chance to give the course one last bash, whatever your ambitions... or just ride it for FUN.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger / Jim Robertson (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
LAST TT – THURSDAY 25 AUGUST
TIME 6.30 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#17 Results – 18 August…
Handicap Trophy – 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 14 riders and 11 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the final weeks.
Congratulations to Chris Dennis for taking the maximum points on offer tonight, on his first points scoring ride of the season.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
17 races completed and final race looms quicker than ever … before the end of the 2022 season. Ruth looks to be in strong position now to take this years H/C title with 13 race entries / 4 PB’s and some very consistent riding to score the points regularly and take a 12-point lead over Simon Winter going into the final race. Good luck to both of you for the last race and it may mean I might have to look up the last lady H/C winner of the Abbotsley course… research required!
Also, only 5 points separating final spot for the podium between Shaun Jarvis with 10 race entries / 8 PB’s and Annabel Thompson with 12 race entries / 4 PB’s…. 2 men or 2 lady members on the podium, so all to play for in another very close contest for the club H/C competition.
Every entry, every second and every point counts …
Good Luck to all.