× General Club Chat

The place for general chat about St Neots Cycling Club

Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2015 08:29 - 17 Apr 2015 10:06 #1 by billywizz
G'day fellas

I see on the Homepage, that one of the topics being raised during Monday's committee meeting is the Bidlake Memorial. I have close links with the Bidlake committee and indeed used to be one of its members a couple of years or so ago.

Have you seen this?

Bidlake

Could someone let me know what, about the Bidlake Memorial, is going to be discussed at the meeting ... PLEASE?

Thanks
Billy
Last edit: 17 Apr 2015 10:06 by billywizz.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2015 09:54 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial
Some of us call by there every once in a while and try to clear it of as much litter as we can to hopefully keep it as pleasant as possible for people to visit. However (and as I know you'll know) time, weather and most probably the actions of a few wrong'uns have seen it deteriorate a fair bit over the winter. As such, we contacted Peter Whitfield to see if anything a bit more 'formal' could be organised.

The idea on Monday is to discuss whether SNCC together with any of our neighbouring clubs could work with the Bidlake Committee to try and restore it to its former glory. To that end, I'm hoping to speak to the TT Secs of Beds Road, Icknield, Hitchin & Ashwell at the inter-club event on Saturday to sound them out for views / ideas ahead of our Committee meeting on Monday.

I couldn't follow your link, but I do know that theres a good interview in the Feb issue of The Bidlaker if you want to find out about one of the former winners of the Memorial Plaque :silly:

cheers

Simon

ps - does this mean if we put something on the agenda about finding people who live on the Thursday TT course to look after signage during the season to save us carting it about every week that we might have a taker ;)

• GarethS
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Monkey with keyboard
More
17 Apr 2015 10:14 #3 by GarethS
Replied by GarethS on topic Re: Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial
Simon, I think you'll need to find someone with more mouth than Cav to push your PS point.

I agree that it's something which will need more than the occasional rubbish clearance foray and potentially upkeep is reliant on increased foot traffic which may require more awareness etc.

To me this also requires action from all local clubs given this a combined piece of history, and I believe the majority of the Bidlake committee are not local so may not always be aware of changes in condition of the memorial

G

• billywizz
  • Topic Author
More
17 Apr 2015 10:19 #4 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial
Great stuff :-) Well done chaps.

I've 'fixed' the link in my original post. Should work now :-)

Cheers
Billy

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Apr 2015 18:40 #5 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial
Hi there just a question, apart from billy wizz,(i know all about him) how many people know who Frederick Thomas Bidlake was and what he was famous for..ah ah G

• Chrisbpr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
20 Apr 2015 07:53 #6 by Chrisbpr
Replied by Chrisbpr on topic Re: Club Committee meeting - Bidlake Memorial
well every day is a school day as i didn't know anything about this.

As i work in sandy i will visit when i can and do my bit,perhaps a club run route could plan to pass by and educate members as well as doing a bit of a tidy up.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Go to top