Unofficial club social

• garyn
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Dec 2015 19:41 - 09 Dec 2015 20:44 #1 by garyn
Unofficial club social was created by garyn
It appears we have an official social event happening on Saturday as a number of us are going to watch Simon Rinaldos band play at Esquires in Bedford.

So far we have:

me * 2
Dave H * 2
Richard O * 2
Joe F * 2
Mark Colmer * 2
Tim P
Adam H
Tom D
Gareth S

I make that 14, so if I've missed anyone please post up here as DH is booking a table at a curry house that hopefully wont poison us for 14.

The plan is to catch a X5 bus from the Market Sq at 17:20 and this gets us into Bedford at 17:50 where we will head to the curry house.

DH is going to get a couple of cab numbers tomorrow and we can organise booking those. I would suggest there is a natural split of returnees going back to St Neots or those going to the affluent surrounding villages.

I believe there are tickets left if anyone else is interested as it promises to be a good night.

Could well be short routes all round in the morning
Last edit: 09 Dec 2015 20:44 by garyn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2015 10:33 #2 by Bott
Replied by Bott on topic Re: Unofficial club social
Unfortunately I wont be able to make Saturday night and (for once) I will be riding Sunday morning with a clear head :P . So there wont be any "short" route Gary, you will just all have to bear the pain and discomfort :sick: that I have become accustomed to recently :whistle:

More
11 Dec 2015 13:03 #3 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Unofficial club social
I'll be there for the gig but not the curry.

:)

More
11 Dec 2015 14:56 #4 by Rinaldo
Replied by Rinaldo on topic Re: Unofficial club social
There seems to be quite an emphasis on beer and curry for this 'official social'.....
Nothing wrong with that..... but for those who are interested in music the band is called Pearl Handled Revolver.
check out www.pearlhandledrevolver.co.uk .

Advanced tickets @£7.50 are available online until midnight tonight (Friday). There will be tickets available on the door @£10.

Pearl Handled Revolver – Esquires – Bedford
12th December 2015 7.30-11.00 with FREE after show disco until 2.00am

Psychedelic blues rock four piece Pearl Handled Revolver return to their home venue of Esquires on Saturday 12th December. The special show will mark the end of a busy year for the band which included a host of performances at venues such as the world revered Stables and the bands favourite London venue The Borderline plus festivals at Rhodes Rock in Spain and the Legends of Rock Festival to name a few.

Anybody who follows Pearl Handled Revolver will also know that this year they have also been recording their third album. The album is now complete and will be released on CD, Vinyl and download early in the year, but if you want to hear some of the new material early then it will be your chance to experience it live at the Esquires show in the 12th….. the set will include selected new songs from the forthcoming album ‘If The Devil Casts His Net’ along with songs from the previous two albums ‘Colossus’, ‘This Mountain Waits’ with a few reworked favourites from their earlier released EP’s.

Pearl Handled Revolver’s previous shows at Esquires are infamous for their high energy good time vibes with a visual performance to match, featuring psychedelic lighting. The band play their very own sound which has been compared by the music press to classic rock bands such as The Doors, Steppenwolf, Led Zeppelin, Captain Beefheart, Joe Cocker and Pink Floyd.

Support on the night comes from St. Neots based band The Simpletone; playing an atmospheric style of heavy/stoner/alternative rock. The band quickly built a reputation for their energetic and compelling live performances. Winners of the prestigious Cambridge Band Competition in 2013, with barn-storming supports for Virgin Marys and New Model Army under their belts in 2014, and performing nationwide headline dates throughout 2015, they perform a 100% original set.

This really is a night not to be missed. Especially if you like beer, curry and psychedelic blues rock.

• garyn
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
11 Dec 2015 16:29 #5 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Unofficial club social
Plus you get to see a talented keyboard player in full SNCC kit.

More
13 Dec 2015 12:51 #6 by Mark Colmer
Replied by Mark Colmer on topic Re: Unofficial club social
So did you see 'The Dancing Queen' last night!

:whistle:
:P

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Go to top