× General Club Chat

The place for general chat about St Neots Cycling Club

David Millar 'TT System'

• MikeNewell
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2016 19:38 #1 by MikeNewell
David Millar 'TT System' was created by MikeNewell
Pointy hat wearers may be interested in the following video series. David Millar has taken the opportunity to share some of his TT experience with us mere mortals through a series of free videos found below...

Preview: a1members.com/DavidMillar/

And link to videos: a1members.com/DavidMillar/

Opportunities to win prizes too folks so take a look.

Cheers,

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Apr 2016 16:43 #2 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
do you know his history ? ah ah G

• MikeNewell
  • Topic Author
More
14 Apr 2016 15:59 #3 by MikeNewell
Replied by MikeNewell on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
I think Millar's doping history is fairly well documented and known across cycling circles. I also think that the work he did following his doping ban to ensure other young riders were educated about the risks also falls under his 'history'. He had a large part to play in the evolution of attitudes to doping in the peloton - a voice that was much needed.

I see quite a few folk getting upset with what Millar is now doing with his career - such as the promotion of the 'TT system' and the Maserati endorsement. Some people suggest he is profiteering off his doping. I personally think his popularity stems from the aggressive anti-doping stance he brought to the peloton following the completion of his ban. I appreciate others may not feel the same way.

More
14 Apr 2016 19:50 #4 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
Will I am big fan of David miller
And well said Mike
He not everyone cup of tea with his past.

More
15 Apr 2016 09:21 #5 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
He's a cheating scumbag ... in my opinion anyway.

Anyone caught cheating should be banned for life. What an example eh?

• MikeNewell
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2016 09:44 #6 by MikeNewell
Replied by MikeNewell on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
I don't agree that a ban for life is the answer - though i do believe the consequence should be severe enough to make people think twice.

It very much the same as committing a crime - you commit the crime, get sentenced, serve the sentence and move on. Thinking about it in a karma based fashion - the rules of the day were 2 year suspension - anyone in that era who was caught served their ban and was fully within their right to return to the peloton. My argument is that Millar took the opportunity to make his return a positive (no pun intended) one and took considerable steps to rectify errors made. The same cannot be said for a number of currently competing peloton members - who may also fall under the umbrella of cheating scumbag.

Also, by indicating that 'anyone caught cheating' suggests that you're ok as long as you don't get caught. If anyone has read Tyler Hamilton's book this will give you some insight into how easily avoidable testing positive was. So what about those who did not test positive pre 2008? Are we to assume that they were infact riding clean?

So - I suppose my question would be - did you support anyone in the pre 2008 peloton?

More
15 Apr 2016 11:50 #7 by billywizz
Replied by billywizz on topic Re: David Millar 'TT System'
I've very little doubt they were all 'at it'... but to be doing what he's doing now sucks as far as I'm concerned.

Roll over and go away I reckon.

Not too keen on some of the TV commentators doing what they're doing now either ... it's just that they never got caught (in my opinion).

Fingers crossed it's cleaner now than it's been for a long time ... but some twats are STILL at it ... as the results show.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Go to top