Friday 20 November 2020, 19:00 - 00:00
Hits : 247
Fellow club members,
Last year, the Club hosted a very enjoyable combined AGM and awards night, dubbed the “Big Night Out (BNO)”, complete with Wattbike challenge, cycling quiz and special-guest cycling royalty (Jake & Keira). The current C-19 situation and the rule of 6 make it impossible to gather in significant numbers and so we have had to revise the format somewhat. To mark this year’s event, the committee ask you to join us for a “Quiet Night In (QNI)”. Despite the rather subdued title, we think it will be a lot of fun and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible, albeit via Zoom. The event will cover both of the following:
AGM – agenda attached
- It’s essential that we hold an AGM to elect club officers and canvas members’ opinions on how the Club should be run
- Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on your viewpoint), all of the current committee are willing to continue serving the Club for 2021. However, other nominations are welcome (please use the form on the back of the agenda). To ensure that the committee caters for the full spectrum of members, we would particularly welcome committee applications from female and younger members. You can either stand for election for one of the existing committee positions or there is a vacant seat for a Vice-Chair for which we would welcome nominations.
- Can members please email any discussion topics in advance. This is especially important this year since we will be using Zoom and "points from the floor" will be difficult to manage.
- If you are able to join us at the AGM, please email the club requesting a Zoom invitation; this way we will know who is attending in advance and can ensure that the meeting is quorate, requiring 20% of members (28) to attend
- Despite a limited schedule of events this year, we still managed to host a successful and enjoyable TT series, the Ashman Trophy and a hill climb; Club members have also been active in local TTs and Cyclocross events; please join us in congratulating the worthy award winners
- In addition, there will be a number of awards to celebrate the lighter side of the cycling year
We look forward to see you on 20 November, 7pm prompt - joining instructions to follow.