2 PBs tonight...
The rain coming in around late afternoon probably prevented a few riders from being at the start line this evening for the third last TT of the SNCC TT season. However, the weather did not deter the 14 riders ready to test themselves on the 11.2-mile circuit.
Fastest home, with another sub-25-minute time, was Sam McDonald, followed by Simon Murphy with Shaun Jarvis, one of our regular guests finding another second on his PB to take third place.
2 PB’s tonight posted by Paul Williamson and Mandy Rogers who found another 4 seconds and 2 seconds respectively.
The destiny of the 2021 Handicap Trophy took another turn this evening with Simon Brick, the current leader, having a puncture and only taking one point to lose ground to Sam McDonald with two TTs left.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 19th August – 7:00 pm START – SIGN ON BY 6:45pm at the latest.
A few housekeeping reminders to keep us all safe and compliant:
- remember a working rear light – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- even before covid, Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time. Please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished
- Paying in advance is very helpful and thanks to the 22 riders who have done this. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
TT Results – 12th August
Handicap Trophy – 2021
Quick reminder that for the Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight, 14 riders and 12 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2021 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Paul Williamson, for the second successive TT, for taking the maximum points on offer tonight by finding another four seconds off his PB.
|* Plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
14TT’s down with 2 left before the end of the 2021 season and the destiny of the 2021 Handicap Trophy continues to remain very open with Sam and Simon B both in contention. They will both need to ride to their PBs or improve on them to secure the trophy.