3 PB’s on another excellent evening in May …
We had 14 entries on our fourth race of the season, with a light westerly around the Abbotsley 11.2m course.
Simon Murphy set the fastest time of the evening, with a 25:52, followed by Mark Greenhow and Shaun Jarvis, well done to all on the podium.
Three H/C PB’s were set on the evening, congratulations to Ruth Chamberlain reducing her previous best by 44s – Great effort, also Shaun Jarvis (new SNCC member) and Matt Gurnell beating their previous best.
Thanks to our guests this evening included Andy Bright for his third race of the season and new PB also – Congrats Andy, also to Karl Hiner for his first outing and return this year to the Abbotsley course… good times from both riders.
Pls note the committee has revised and corrected the h/c table this week, due to previous discrepancies that occurred in TT#2.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to...
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 26 MAY
TIME 6:45 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#4 Results – 19 May…
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 14 riders and 12 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Ruth Chamberlain for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
4 races completed with 14 remaining before the end of the 2022 season, good to see the lady members currently leading the way, but a long way to go, every second and every point counts… Good Luck!