3 PB’s on hot calm summer evening … however…
We had 15 entries on our 8th race of the season, around the Abbotsley 11.2m course. Simon Elkington was fastest with a 25:58…
… followed by Anastasia Blower and Shaun Jarvis, well done to all on the podium.
Three H/C PB’s were set on the evening, so congratulations again to Adam Hutchinson for his second ride of the season and second PB reducing his previous best by a massive 45s with a 30:33 – keep going Adam the Sub-30 is now in sight! Also, Simon Winter reduced his previous best by 13s and Dawn Donaldson gets her second PB of the season reducing hers by a further 6s - Well Done to both.
We welcomed, two guests on the evening with Anastasia returning for her second great ride and first- time guest Oscar Brooks, will be good to see the Brooks family challenge ahead!
However, what looked to be a perfect evening did not quite turn out the way we expected, with Simon Murphy crashing out in the Abbotsley section and ended up in A&E to be checked over and repair the cuts/bruises after a hard fall, nothing serious so far reported except of course his TT bike which may need a lot of TLC and which for most present on the evening were more concerned about!! Thanks to all those who were there and helped at the scene …. The club wish him a full and speedy recovery.
As always, these events can only go ahead with help and assistance on the night, to enable us all to ride/race. Special thanks to goes to:
- Mandy McEvoy (Registration and timekeeping)
- Mandy McEvoy (Delicious cakes and Coffee)
- Florence Lendrum (Registration and timekeeping)
- Norman King / Nic Pillinger / Jim Robertson (Starter/Signs)
- Simon Richardson (Event Approvals)
Look forward to next week, with more Members and Guests alike Pls.
BR The Editor.
TT Additional reminders… to help the timekeepers Please.
- All riders to start their timing devices, before they get the 30s warning to start (Most do)
- All riders to shout out their race number when crossing the finishing line (Most do)
TT Housekeeping reminders…
- remember a working Rear AND Front light for 2022 – mandated by CTT
- try not to ride past the start when other riders are starting
- be aware of cars and other riders after you finish
- Timekeepers need to be able to concentrate on giving every rider the correct time, please do not try to see your time until everyone has finished.
- Paying in advance is very helpful for the organisers. Pay for 6 rides (£4 for member, £5 for guest) to 404010 and 80724513 and credit will be carried over for any unused rides.
NEXT TT – THURSDAY 23 JUNE
TIME 7:00 pm Latest Sign-on
TT#8 Results – 16 June…
|14||Oscar Brooks||34:28||Guest/First Time|
Handicap Trophy - 2022
The Handicap Trophy points are awarded for the number of riders on the night less Guests and First Time Members. So tonight 15 riders and 13 points on offer. A Handicap Time of 25 minutes or less means that you have either matched your PB or improved on it. A Handicap Time greater than 25 minutes shows how much you are off your PB.
To be in contention to win the 2022 Handicap Trophy you need to ride as close to your PB as possible or set some new PB’s over the next few months.
Congratulations to Adam Hutchinson for taking the maximum points on offer tonight.
|* H/C is plus as sub 25 mins|
Handicap Trophy – Running Total
8 races completed with 10 remaining before the end of the 2022 season, with Ruth Chamberlain still leading the h/c table, Simon Winter moves up to second position and Matt Gurnell moving up to third, so all changes again at the top of the leader board.
Still a long way to go, every second and every point counts… Good Luck for the rest of the season!